Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By faeriepunk23 Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:31 am
heya,
my laptop's died so it gives me a good excuse to try and rock something on the mpc.

so far I play sax live and I can make pretty good beats on the fly.

I would also like to loop either guitar or keys alongside the beats. I'll need to sync the clock
If I'm using a guitar loop pedal, or is some kind of midi foot controller a better idea. can you turn individual loops/tracks/sequences on and off via midi?

2. if using a guitar I'd like to have drums and main mix coming out of the main-outs, and route the guitar loops into a guitar amp. that's possible on jjos2xl right?

3. perhaps the main thing lacking (in comparison to ableton) is fx/crossfading between tracks. are there any supreme ways to do that? I noticed Onra rocks a chaos pad, any other suggestions? cheers!
By Ron-Jay Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:30 pm
I'd be interested to know about this too. I'm not a 1k user but still. If your midi sync attempt ends up not working out you could, instead of recording your loop in the mpc, record the loop with your loop station like you would for guitar. just play the drums live into the loop station and loop it there. that way you' won't have to deal with changing tempos i the mpc cuz you'll never hit play.
By bliprock Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:56 am
1. you could just mute tracks right? I mean cant remember if that is doable from midi but you can just use pads to mute in mute screen. yeah midi sync is good for that.
2. yes this is possible. Just go to the input screen and route it to the out you want.
3. OK between tracks I can suggest two things, simult sequence, but would probably go for pattern to pad. So take an element from next song and make a pattern and assign to a pad. do this before set of course. This means that you can trigger parts to new song over old song and then change sequence when you want.