Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By damien907 Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:48 am
what do you guys use to make your beat making videos?

an average camcorder? or your phone?

how do you deal with the audio from the mpc, and your talking at the same time?

i feel like if you just put a camcorder in room, it would pick up too much room tone to sound good.

wouldnt it be better to run the stereo out or headphones out of your mpc directly to your camcorder then record? but then your voice would get shut out, unless you had a mixer with the mic in it on one channel, then the other 2 or however many channels running from your mpc; then you could take the stereo output of your mixer and go line in to your camera, do consumer level cameras or phones even work like this?

i feel like it would be pretty cool to make a beat making video on my phone, but i dont really know if i could do that with just my phone. i have a samsung galaxy s4 mini btw. and i would want the audio in it be professional enough utilizing the line ins and outs of stuff.

any advice?

also, do you guys usually make the beat beforehand? then re-create the sequences during the video?
By Star One Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:20 pm
Record what your playing separately, out of the MPC. Like straight to a recorder.

Then video it however. Take the video into some editing software, and mute the video track, then drop your Audio recording from the MPC into an audio line in the software.

And they will line up. (Start video recording, walk over, turn on recording, sit down and jam) (When you sit down even you can wait about 4 seconds, to give yourself time to clip the walking around out of the video if you want)

If you need help finding easy software for video to do it, let me know and I can walk you through the process. It's simple, like anything, once you know where all the functions are hidden. Some programs love to have their own funky words for things or hide the hell out of simple functions (like muting!)

If you want vocals too, use a mixer to how you said, run a microphone and MPC into something that records.

Properly is done with two separate tracks. Your main video track, and your audio track. Before you do the video, do a few test records to get your microphone setup properly, and make sure sound from your speakers, if monitoring through speakers, does not get picked up by the microphone.

You can use the SOLO function on the mixer channel with the microhphone connected to only hear what the mic is picking up, and listen for outside unwanted audio pickup

:nod: