Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By ejones Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:19 am
I use an MPC1000 to play drums live, with looped guitar and vocals. I'm running JJOS3. Up until now I just used it to trigger individual drums which I then looped with a pedal. I've upgraded my looper so it syncs with the MPC's midi clock, which means I will probably work more with pre-sequenced drums. This is new territory for me, so I've got some questions.

I've been thinking I'd separate each song into a sequence, and use track mute to switch between sections. However, it's starting to seem like it might be simpler to uses different sequences for sections and switch between them. Is there anything in between these options? Which sounds easier? If I use multiple sequences a song would I have to load a whole new set each song, or could I load them all at once and still keep them separate? What techniques do you guys use? Any advice would be great.