Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By DannyBmpc Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:15 pm
I don't know if you guys know about this but I've been watching these battles for hours. I assume they are French. SO DOPE! Some of the performances are better than others but still tons of fun to watch. A lot more creative than the same old Araab muzik stuff. Enjoy

By phx_chronic Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:46 am
Sike Low wrote:i don't see anything different in what these guys are doing compared to araab and araab would shit on them and is way more creative and impressive.

Haha for real. Shit is wack. I only watched the first one but this wouldn't be impressive 20 years ago. Basic ass boom bap? C'mon. Especially homeboy on the 1000, he's falling off beat throughout. Any decent beatmaker should be able to do what he was doing. Araab would smoke these dudes...

Also, why is this in the Ren forum? :hmmm:
By MPC-Tutor Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:07 pm
It's always good to see people trying this, takes guts to go up there in front of all those people, but (from the first video at least), there really isn't much there to get excited about. One of the guys on the 5000 towards the end is okay-ish, but that bloke on the 1000 isn't really doing anything as most of the beat is already sequenced (including the hats).

Playing just the snare and kick with a single finger to a looped backing track isn't really much of a 'performance' :)