Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
Byimpatient-member Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:11 am
Here's the rack/kit (learning the new lingo still :Sigh: )

Mpc one, roland sp404sx, korg monologue, then my Gibson 330 plugged Into my Fractal Amp Modeler/pre-amp/interface, effects unit (it does a lot lol)

Basically I want to be able to play live without band mates and do my own thing.

Play mostly jazz/neo soul.

Anything else that people would deem necessary to add to my kit for trio/quartet stuff like the roots? Just need to cover Drums, bass, guitar, organ or electric piano/hard synth and sequence it so that I can be freeeeeee 8) 8)
By DokBrown Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:37 pm
Always know when to stop before you screw yourself.
That sounds like a decent rig
Byimpatient-member Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:41 pm
DokBrown wrote:Always know when to stop before you screw yourself.
That sounds like a decent rig

:worthy: Thanks Dok. Yeah I'm too new to this to gear slut for too long. I've found my peace with it. Now it's time to get working
By moonlake Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:31 pm
They are not musician then imho. Musicians need instruments, not gear.
And this post is in the wrong forum:
Aquiring gear has nothing to do with live skills.
And we havent heard back of the OP.
I am not surprised. People who go on a venture to aquire from a list before they can start never make any music. Cause, see first line. They are not musicians.
Never will be. They are consumers, who buy role model items of what they want to be but never will be - but you can not buy becoming something you arent.
If they were musicians theyd be drummin on kitchen items before it occured to them they could buy something. Not the other way around.
These people have messed up their roles in life. Cause, they are those who need to be quiet and listen.
But there are also gifted musicians who dont make music.
And thats the sad part of it.
The great thing about MPCs was, that they were mainly used as instruments.
So pretty much everything people madr on them was great.
But now they are becoming 'gear' aquired by gearheads.