Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By LITF Mon May 23, 2022 5:48 pm
Hello, I used to do gigs blending saxophone and electronic music using an old groovebox from Roland (MC808) and creating about 12 successive patterns. I switched to an MPC One, but the only way I found to do the same without having the cpu going too high is to create 3 projects including 4 sequences, which forces me to stop and reload the projects during the performance.

Would you have another solution (the song mode seems pretty inaccurate)?

https://soundcloud.com/l-i-t-f
By BostonGreen Mon May 23, 2022 6:52 pm
LITF wrote:Hello, I used to do gigs blending saxophone and electronic music using an old groovebox from Roland (MC808) and creating about 12 successive patterns. I switched to an MPC One, but the only way I found to do the same without having the cpu going too high is to create 3 projects including 4 sequences, which forces me to stop and reload the projects during the performance.

Would you have another solution (the song mode seems pretty inaccurate)?

https://soundcloud.com/l-i-t-f

You could bounce each sequence to audio, import each of the bounced audio to either individual audio tracks, or just assign each one to a pad in an empty drum program
By NearTao Mon May 23, 2022 6:53 pm
On the MPC One/Live/X, I'd probably have a project with multiple sequences, spread parts out across tracks, and then you can use track mutes.

Not sure how you're assigning FX and drum kits/keygroups though... so you might need to consider a more efficient workflow or consider using send/returns instead of assigning fx per sample or per instrument. Just a guess though...
By Lampdog Mon May 23, 2022 6:56 pm
Maybe create several diff programs so as not to have to load projects over and over.

Plan out the use of submixes, pad efx, program efx.