Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By MattPurland Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:24 am
Hi all,

First time poster, and user of anything like MPC Beats. I have an Akai MPK Mini which I'm trying to use for live performance which will allow me to trigger samples using the pads and custom chords using single keys.

So far I have the samples working on the pads, and chords saved as a custom progression. I'm able to load the progression under "PAD PERFORM" and they trigger using the pads, as you'd expect. But I want to be able to trigger them using single keys, leaving the pads for my samples.

Is this possible? I've tried to look around YouTube for tutorials but I'm falling short.

Thanks in advance!
By MPC-Tutor Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:31 am
No, pad perform is just that, performing chords/notes/progressions specifically with the pads.

You can set up splits where the pads can be set up to play your one shot samples and keys are used to play instruments, but you'll have to play the chords 'traditionally' using multiple fingers :). Some keyboard controllers have chord options built in, where entire chords can be triggered from a single key press.