Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
Byjohngaskins Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:36 am
I have loads of music that I have produced with the Propellerhead Reason software and I would like to load this music into an MPC and perform live using only an MPC and a DJ setup. Which MPC model would suit me best? I want to be able to really have fun with these tracks while performing them live on an MPC. Also, I've got only $1,000 or so to spend, so an MPC 4000 might be out of the question. I'm guessing the MPC1000 might not be enough. Any thoughts? Thanks!

By DEADLY MiND Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:21 pm
THe 1k sounds perfect for your situation.

The only thing about the 1000 is that some people say some samples occasionally dont play. That might be a problem. But somebody maybe found a solution to that already.

The 2kXL would be good. You could get a used one fully expanded on ebay and still have a couple hundred dollars to spend. Its all mostly the small details you need to think about.

Check this link:
http://mpc2000xl.com/summary.htm

I thought MPC-Tutor had an article bout the difference between the xl and the 1k but im havin trouble findin it.

PEACE

By DSTRUCT Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:37 pm
dont sleep on the classic 2000 either, for the money its a powerful tool.

By JStruMENTAL Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:39 pm
get a roland sp 606, its made for what you want to do

By Capshun Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:42 pm
get a roland sp 606, its made for what u want to do