Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By Griddy Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:49 pm
Just wondering if anyone else is having any probs with track mutes for midi tracks.

I'm trying to develop a system for live performance using the mpc2500 as my main sequencer, driving a nord micro modular, xv5050, matrix 1000 and a ks rack.

The way I have it set up is to have say all the parts for song number 1 inside sequence 1, say 4 different basslines on tracks 1-4 ( mutable with pads a1-a4) 4 different piano parts on tracks 5-9 etc etc.

The problem is when I go to mute a midi part it doesnt mute.
Obviously because the mpc is still sending the midi data through to the relevant module/synth.

Is the only way around this to have all my different parts on different sequences?

I'm realy keen to do some kind of live show and would love to get this stuff set up right.

Any ideas or help will be much appreciated.

:D

Oh yeah, I'm using the lastes os.

By filthy mack Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:30 pm
has anybody figured out why would you want your midi notes to play even if you have the track muted? I know about the sample playback to the end and the sudden stop feature being the reason for this strange happening, but when set to sudden stop why do they have the midi notes programmed to keep sending but only short decayed notes? this seems to be the one of the small remaining "roaches" left after they set off the new 1.1 fresh scent bug bomb(the fresh scent is the new added features) :shock:

By Griddy Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:00 pm
_Stilo_ wrote:Have a look at this thread

http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=45478

Maybe that will help you...

Thanx alot for that :)
Solved it straight away now.
I do do the mixer mute thing (mackie cfx 16 mk2) but I was only doing it because of the short midi note thing.

Thanx for the help :)