Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By sweetmeat Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:01 am
Hi i'm new here, may have 1st concert in the summer and im wondering whether if I want to use my mpc live if I should first mix and master the samples that im going to use and then load them back into the mpc or whether I should rely on the original sound of the samples in the mpc, or if there is any other method of making the sounds sound tight during a live show, any opinions will be appreciated

By rinseout Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:31 am
I do a lot of resampling and i dont think theres a big difference between playing live or recording in a studio, make it sound as tight as possible by any means necessary ;)

By metafor Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:05 pm
Definately mix (if you can get them mastered also then great) your beats then reload them back into the MPC..Thats what I do when I'm preparing to play live..Then from there I create loops and one shots of everything that I want to play..Just figure out what parts of your songs you want to be able to play..Good Luck.. :lol:

By rinseout Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 pm
Maybe i should add that i work with my mixing desk live, i need the sounds on different outputs. If stereo out is enough go for metaforĀ“s tips