Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By doublehead Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:58 pm
Ok, this has probably been posted, but I cant find it, so all help is GREATLY appreciated. My friend showed me how to scratch with the slider and it is THE BOMB.

The Question is, how can I assign 1 slider to all the pads in a program. I heard rumor that there is a way. HELP!

-S

By melton Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:51 pm
cursor to where the pad number is and scroll down to "track".

By doublehead Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:56 pm
you are the KING.

By Dahkter Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:06 am
so what is it, slider to sample start, note repeat to 1/8th notes?

By doublehead Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:39 am
Set it to a pad, hit window and change one shot to note on.

Go to Slider. Change parameter to tune and change to real time. Booyah. Now just practice.
By panicoescenico Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:25 am
and.... how you can scratch with the slider, which value has to manage to get that effect?

By wavemartian Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:48 am
That is sampled scratchies from turntable scratchies

By stan steez Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:03 pm
Naaaaaaaaaaaahhh - this is not even close to real scratching... I played with it a bit. The only thing i managed to simulate was a jugga jugga at the beginning of a sample, but it's not too impressing.

By nordlead Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:29 pm
Thanks Doublehead. i was 3/4 the way there only had the mpc about a week was just missing the note on piece.

As for what you can do (i'm sure you've all seen this) thanks hoppa this rox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbtAUBta2Hg

By stan steez Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:28 pm
Well, THAT video was impressing indeed!!! I gotta get some of them classic scratch samples now. Like that "FRESH" and the one Hippo uses on his mpc... that was dope

By Hamzter Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:36 pm
Stan Steez.

I agree with you on the "not even close to real scratching". Nothing really beats vinyl except for when you have to carry crates of it around... :wink:

as far as feel, vinyl is the only way to scratch...

By melton Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
you can do some nutty choppy scratching by using note repeat on 32/3, and qLink set to start time...

but it would be fun if there was a forward/reverse pitch effect with the qLink. My a3000 has some pitch bend options like that can be played like a scratch. Too bad the knobs on that thing are such sh!t, i'd probably use it more.

By Hamzter Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:30 pm
melton wrote:you can do some nutty choppy scratching by using note repeat on 32/3, and qLink set to start time...

but it would be fun if there was a forward/reverse pitch effect with the qLink. My a3000 has some pitch bend options like that can be played like a scratch. Too bad the knobs on that thing are such sh!t, i'd probably use it more.

that would be sweet, but how could that be done?

By melton Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:03 pm
it can't be done (within the mp1k),
maybe JJ could add it to the OS.