Share tips, tricks, gear set ups and videos relating to the use of MPCs in live performances including MPC finger drumming, MPC scratching, using MPCs with decks, computers and other instruments.
By HybridBeats.com Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:04 pm
Looking for any suggestions on how to work my 1K into a DJ set.

So if I'm mixing records, and I got my MPC loaded up with all my favorite breaks and I want to mix em in, I run it in the line input of my mixer. Then I use the 16 levels to find the pitch which is beatmatched and then mix.

But my question is, when I hit the pad and start the loop, how do I keep the loop playing with out holding my finger on the the pad, after all I got start mixing the next record?

By dirge Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:07 pm
I'm not in front of my MPC righ tnow, but i think its ... this...

Hit [MODE] then hit [PROGRAM] then hit your pad tha tyou want the sample to run on. Then hightlight the sample name in the window. Click the [WINDOW] button, and then turn it from "ONE HIT" or something, to the other setting. There are only two settings (from what I can remember) and then test it. One setting is for contiunal play and one is for stabbing.

-d-

By HybridBeats.com Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:50 pm
The two settings are one shot and note on. Note on will allow continuous play but only while I'm holding the pad or keyboard. So I still have the dilemma of how to keep the note playing while I mix the next record.

Any other suggestions?

Thanx
HB

By tiger vomitt Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:08 pm
sustain pedal? (thats how i used to do it on my EPS back in the day)

or hook it up to a midi keyboard and stick a Q-Tip in between the keys to hold down the note

By HybridBeats.com Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:28 pm
I like that pedal idea, I'll mess with that.
Thanx
HB