MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Yerbalist Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:26 am
Since I enabled autosave, it really peeves me off. The window pop out on my Studio and software every 5 minutes! Why can't it be done in more quiet wayin the background rather than saving all the samples once again every time, even tho they havent been changed?
By SakisX Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:10 am
You could directly suggest it on AKAI via the feedback feature ;)
I don't personally use or rely on autosave...
By Yerbalist Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:11 pm
SakisX wrote:You could directly suggest it on AKAI via the feedback feature ;)
I don't personally use or rely on autosave...

Yes I did. Actually, I did a tons of feedbacks recently. Just hoped somebody knows a workaround of some sort
Neither do I from now on, I ain't no masochist heh
By Monotremata Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:54 am
Nope Im pretty sure a bunch of us have requested this and there is even a big thread from a couple months back about it on the Akai Support Forum.

It doesn't save all of your samples every time, it only saves the ones you've messed with since the last save. Its the same with audio, sequences, and programs. It only saves anything thats been messed with since the last save, otherwise all it does is save the project file again and its just a blip on the screen. It is irritating though because it will make playback jump if its got alot of stuff to update and re-save. Im already in the habit of saving my stuff constantly so I turned it off. The Studio has a really handy Save button and Ive been using it since day 1 when I saw it labeled on there heh.
By Cockdiesel Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:53 am
Turn off the auto save and be a real man.
Only time I ever had issues or a crash we’re with that shit.
By Yerbalist Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:43 am
Monotremata wrote:The Studio has a really handy Save button and Ive been using it since day 1 when I saw it labeled on there heh.

Yeah IKR and fortunately you can save it much faster than on hardware mpc's (or at least my 500)
Its just sometimes you get lost in deep flow of work and forget about this damn little button.. guess I must get into habit over time cos it crashes like hell some days :vomit:
By Monotremata Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:37 am
Yeah mines been trouble free for the most part, but this month I finally started using my MIDI gear with it and really pushing it more and its been giving me some grief along the way. Saving is just something I learned to do back in like Windows 98/2000 days haha. Luckily nothing has been lost or ruined or anything bad but still.. Eeek.