MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By mrphil Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:29 pm
Hi all, ok so i've just downloaded and installed 2.8 and MPC opens fine but as soon as I try and open any of my saved sessions (made in 2.7.2) MPC daw crashes immediately whilst scanning. Anyone know how to fix this???

The only non native plugins I use are arturia.
By nevillj2l Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:58 pm
Greetings,

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but sessions saved prior to 2.8 are not compatible with the 2.8 update. Check the releasae notes here in the section that says BEFORE YOU UPDATE https://www.akaipro.com/kb/akai-pro-mpc ... -8-update/

Really Akai should have had that warning available in the installer so its the first thing you see before running it.

John.
By Lampdog Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:05 pm
I had MPC X os 2.6. Skipped 2.7.2. (because I had read about many horror stories about it) and went straight to 2.8. My 2.6 sessions loaded just fine and I had no problems at all.
By tmpc Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:28 am
nevillj2l wrote:Greetings,

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but sessions saved prior to 2.8 are not compatible with the 2.8 update. Check the releasae notes here in the section that says BEFORE YOU UPDATE https://www.akaipro.com/kb/akai-pro-mpc ... -8-update/

That's not what it says. It says that any files made in 2.8 can't be loaded into previous versions. Files made on older versions should load into a newer version fine, but don't save it over the old version or you won't be able to load it into the old version if you need to,
By LabDog Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:15 am
Isn't there some type of Safe Mode with the MPC? A way we can load a crashing project and attempt to bypass what's within it that the software is crashing over?
By Beezo875 Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:09 am
I got the exact same problem. Went from a Renaissance to a Live 2 and all my old 2.7.2 sessions all crash upon opening. With the exception of 2 (out of 27). But all my 2.6 and older sessions load flawlessly... Cmon Akai! This is BS!