MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By loverock01 Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:09 am
Hi, maybe you can help me.

If I just install the MPC 2.0 plugin then there is no problem scanning the plugin initially when I start the DAW's (Bitwig and Studio One).

But as soon as I install several MPC Expansions, the DAWs no longer start because they scan forever and the DAWs then of course do not open. Only when I click on "Skip" does the DAW run, but of course no MPC 2.0 VST'i is found.

I never scanned longer than 5 minutes, then I always stopped because that can't be normal...

I really have quite a lot of expansions, more than 100.

Is that too much for the program?

Anyone an idea?

P.S. Everything has worked flawlessly with Studio One before.

Something else:
Everything works as a standalone.

Thanks
By loverock01 Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:47 am
To sample expansions... If I scan the MPC 2.0 without installed expansions, and then I disable scanning in the DAW and drag and drop all expansions into the plugin and install it, the plugin runs fine in Studio One and the plugin is found. But yesterday I did the MPC update and again it gets stuck on scanning. I do not understand any of this. It doesn't work in Bitwig anyway!
By 83dude Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:30 am
Are you using 2.0 or 2.12 (which ist the most recent version)?
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:13 am
I can't think of any reason why this would be happening, expansions should not be causing this as they are just folders of programs and samples, they are not actually loaded into the software automatically unless you specifically load them.

If you have the time, reinstall expansions one at a time until the issue returns, then you'll know where the problem might be.

But you'll probably need to contact Akai for deeper help with this.