MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Fanu Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:57 am
I'd LOVE it if the browser could do sorting by name/size/date etc.
It'd be super handy to sort your sample folder by date and see the latest samples first (i sample a lot and put stuff in the sample folder and you know, it's always nice to preview the newest samples when working on a song).
By DSTR / deStar Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:44 pm
Being able to determine a time signature per bar like on the MPC 1000.

(Right now, it's only per Sequence...)

For example, in a Sequence with four bars, I'd like to have the first bar to be in 4/4, the second bar in 4/4, the third bar in 3/4, and the fourth bar in 4/4.

As as workaround, J Sandeen told me: "You would have to record them at that time signature, then change it, then record it again. If you apply quantize, it will change the sequence you are focused on. This could be tweaked in the future though. Highlighting for isolation does not seem to be active."

Can you imagine that?
Last edited by DSTR / deStar on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tonemelle Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:39 pm
Here's a few:
The ability to copy vst/au plugin from one track insert to the next. I think you can do this on pro tools as well.

a fl studio type Playlist feature in Song Mode (did I just say that?? :shock:)

Also, to have automation feature to be able to use plugins like Izotope Stutter Edit

being able to use Automation (or have it featured) in Song Mode.

The ability to pull up any of the vsti's you're using in your session by simply double clicking the vsti in the Program section.

and a Panic buttom
By Fanu Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:16 am
Make the cursor jump to the pad you hit in "prog mix"

Why not? I often listen to the several drum sounds i have in a program by hitting the pads and adjust their levels to make them all play at a somewhat similar level.
It'd be super handy if the cursor/selection jumped to the pad you just hit in "prog mix" mode. This behavior can already be seen in pad assign, or track mute groups, for example.

Using channel mute groups in a "logical" fashion

OK, so what I want to achieve is this:
I have a song with two different basslines, and they are on tracks of their own.
I want to put them both in the same mute group, and switch one off and the other on by hitting the pad (that controls the group they're in).

Their state (mute or not) when assigning them to the group should determine what happens next when you hit the pad.

Currently, all the tracks in the same mute group always have the same state (on or off).

Could this be improved/changed to meet my wish? I often program two beats / breaks / basslines in a song and having the mute group work in this fashion would be useful and it'd also allow for sharp and precise recording of mutes when switching between two channels.
By TommyTench Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:07 am
I said this somewhere else, but here they are:

1.) Built-in EQ section in program edit. Sometimes it's nice to add frequencies to certain sounds (such as highs to a snare that you want more punch from) and it'd be nice to not have to load a plugin up to do this.

2.) 'Select Multiple' pads from the hardware when inside program edit

3.) Control Submix Volumes from the hardware (if you can do this already please lmk)

4.) A feature where you can copy a set of volume levels in one sequence to other sequences (think 'copy events' in seq edit)

5.) Stability, but that goes without saying lol
By light green Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:27 am
* to be able to edit midi notes in all 16 LEVEL modes (tune, velocity, etc.) in a piano roll. (per pad)

* better integration between iMPC and MPC software!!

i like to sketch ideas on my iphone/ipad then finish them in the software with my REN, it's really powelfull!
although, the way i use the FX on iMPC are not properly transported to the software.

(on iMPC) when i am in 16 level tuning mode and adding a little note repeat here & there, i also like to press the length or filter button and tilt my iphone/ipad to randomize the FX.
it sounds just the way i want, but when opening the file in the software none of the tuned, or filtered FX are there. just the note repeated midi notes in the original tune of the sample.

i understand that i can't do everything on iMPC like in the MPC software, but it can't be the other way around!
i have to be able to hear the exact same thing on my MPC software as i hear & created it on the iMPC app.

hope to see this changed in the near future

thanks
ByMPCHolland053 Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:29 pm
More plug-ins way more sounds in akai own vst's like the bank, there is no brass or wood section sounds, violins, cello"s. Just way more orchestral sounds, and acoustic sounds, layering multiple sounds in akai vst's. Now I use reason for variety..(how about expansions like soul school, abbey road, even orkester bank of propeller head).maybe more expansions...real bass guitar sounds and tweaks like ghost notes, and stuff...i think the plug in are nice but very very limited....lots of house electronic sounds... And i want audio tracks off course, so the mpcsoftware be all I need and use... I don't want to spend a shitload of money on third party vst's that may or may not work....(I always thought it was dumb reason didn't allow vst's but I get it now, and especially with their rack extensions and refills) but I really like working with the ren...so ehm again I say akai!! Merge with propeller head,,don't let the mpc be a rack extension. Cuz I want to be able,to do everything from,my hardware, and ren environment...i love the hands on experience that is less present in the reason software...and make me stop comparing ;-)

oh yeah and the lazy chopping idea of that closed thread ;-) would Be a dope name btw lazychop...

or have a chop mode, where the sample is unchopped, and when u press pad 1 the sample plays, press pad 2 the first chop is placed, press pad 3 second,chop... Etc. Etc.
By pledge Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:55 pm
The ability to input names for program numbers...

- instead of selecting program "10" it would show the inputed name of "PIANO"

The ability to name midi outputs

- instead of selecting output "1A" it would show the inputed name of "Triton 1A" or "Triton 2A" etc.

Names are then associated with MSB , LSB

- if I select "MSB 63 LSB 0" and select program "10" which is actually the inputed name of "PIANO" it will retain that name associated with the bank selected MSB LSB... , but then if I select "MSB 63 LSB 1" and select program "10" it will show my corresponding inputed name of "BASS" ...

These settings could be editable from the software in a section in preferences called Devices or something where you can name your midi gear and route them to the corresponding midi outputs and whatever you change here will show up on the hardware...