MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Lampdog Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:20 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:True MPC users like creating their own sounds and aren't into stock sounds.

Gonna have to disagree. I use both, stock and custom, whichever fit my vision. I've been faking the funk all these years?!? :lol: :lol:
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:25 pm
JAH wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:True MPC users like creating their own sounds and aren't into stock sounds.

Shhhh...I wouldn't say that too loud. This site is here for selling MPC Samples as well as us ranting about Akai. :lol:

I am sure the MPC Ren stock sounds will include instruments that "true MPC users" aren't necessarily inclined to create themselves. But instead load and then tweaked to individual needs.

On that note, I will probably convert my Maschine libary to an MPC Program format to use within the MPC Ren.

I bought a tutorial from MPC Samples that came with a free sound library. Those drums were pretty good actually. My preference is sampled drums from vinyl though.

Do you all seriously use those sounds that come with the MPC? I've owned a 2000XL that came with a Drum sound Library, a 2500 with sounds in the Flash Rom, a 4000K that came with a gang of sounds...out of all those hundreds of sounds I think used about 4 sounds...the 808(which is basic), a chord sample that came with 2500, and a Bass Line that happened to sit in the mix well with a rare Marvin Gaye sample I had.

Stock samples are cool, and I understand that it is necessary when packaging and selling a product, but a algorithm to detect singe cycle loop points would be more beneficial to a MPC user.

JMO...no big deal to me really. I could just buy a software program that I've been considering that is integrated with the EXS 24 and use Logic instead of buying the Ren.
By Lampdog Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:29 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:a Bass Line that happened to sit in the mix well with a rare Marvin Gaye sample I had.

Yep, that happens sometimes, other times it doesn't. Don't over look them though. Many of the stock 4k sounds I like. The 2kxl ones I don't like as much.
By DJ Hellfire Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:30 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:Do you all seriously use those sounds that come with the MPC? I've owned a 2000XL that came with a Drum sound Library, a 2500 with sounds in the Flash Rom, a 4000K that came with a gang of sounds...out of all those hundreds of sounds I think used about 4 sounds...the 808(which is basic), a chord sample that came with 2500, and a Bass Line that happened to sit in the mix well with a rare Marvin Gaye sample I had.

Stock samples are cool, and I understand that it is necessary when packaging and selling a product, but a algorithm to detect singe cycle loop points would be more beneficial to a MPC user.

Yeah, the stock 2500 sounds were butt! I think I used the tape strings once and maybe a couple drums. But I'm pretty sure the MPC Ren library will be taken a lot more seriously, just as NI did with Maschine, and PH did with Reason 5 and Kong.
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:36 pm
Coz wrote:Bundled sounds can be useful project starters. 8)

Agreed. I remember when I bought my 2KXL wishing I had some sounds to get me started, besides that Drum CD that came with it. I'm glad it didn't though, because I don't know if I would be as good of a sound designer as I am now. Fools still wonder how I my make my beats sound like they do...I don't use stock sounds thats how...If I do, theyre tweaked like MF'er.
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:43 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:Do you all seriously use those sounds that come with the MPC? I've owned a 2000XL that came with a Drum sound Library, a 2500 with sounds in the Flash Rom, a 4000K that came with a gang of sounds...out of all those hundreds of sounds I think used about 4 sounds...the 808(which is basic), a chord sample that came with 2500, and a Bass Line that happened to sit in the mix well with a rare Marvin Gaye sample I had.

Yeah, the stock 2500 sounds were butt! I think I used the tape strings once and maybe a couple drums. But I'm pretty sure the MPC Ren library will be taken a lot more seriously, just as NI did with Maschine, and PH did with Reason 5 and Kong.

Haven't heard the Maschine sounds. I heard they were good. I like Reason sounds,,but even with Reason I tweak the shit out of them.

With the 2500, I had to buy a new PCB assembly because one of my outs were seriously damaged...When I replaced it, booted it back up and those stock sounds we gone..I felt like shouting...Hallelujah!!!
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:45 pm
Thy_Cow_punchers wrote:sound is a sound stock sound ..so what ..saturator..multiband and freq shifter ftw NUKAI

I think we're getting a bit off topic here.

Feature Request: Single Cycle Loop Mode.. Please....and thank you.
By Blue Haze Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:54 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
JAH wrote:

Shhhh...I wouldn't say that too loud. This site is here for selling MPC Samples as well as us ranting about Akai. :lol:

I am sure the MPC Ren stock sounds will include instruments that "true MPC users" aren't necessarily inclined to create themselves. But instead load and then tweaked to individual needs.

On that note, I will probably convert my Maschine libary to an MPC Program format to use within the MPC Ren.

I bought a tutorial from MPC Samples that came with a free sound library. Those drums were pretty good actually. My preference is sampled drums from vinyl though.

Do you all seriously use those sounds that come with the MPC? I've owned a 2000XL that came with a Drum sound Library, a 2500 with sounds in the Flash Rom, a 4000K that came with a gang of sounds...out of all those hundreds of sounds I think used about 4 sounds...the 808(which is basic), a chord sample that came with 2500, and a Bass Line that happened to sit in the mix well with a rare Marvin Gaye sample I had.

JMO...no big deal to me really. I could just buy a software program that I've been considering that is integrated with the EXS 24 and use Logic instead of buying the Ren.

Sounds that came with my mpcs from the 2k to 4k no I haven't used that much. But the sounds from my software plugins and maschine were excellent. I agreed that single cycle samples are great but like I used with my 4k before and now an audio editor can do it no problem. Often I sample software and hardware synths into my editor loop it, save the loop and transfer in my 4k or konkakt set to go.
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:15 pm
Sounds that came with my mpcs from the 2k to 4k no I haven't used that much. But the sounds from my software plugins and maschine were excellent. I agreed that single cycle samples are great but like I used with my 4k before and now an audio editor can do it no problem. Often I sample software and hardware synths into my editor loop it, save the loop and transfer in my 4k or konkakt set to go.

That sounds like a good work flow. I might have to buy a software program to make it easier.
By strugglebuggiemusic Wed May 02, 2012 7:33 pm
Sheesh....It took me a while to think of any useful feature that hasnt been mentioned, and I did a quick search in this subject, but if someone has mentioned it already, then they must be more intelligent than me :lol: ...(AND WE ALL KNOW THERE ARE SOME REAL SHARP SHOOTERS on this forum, dont we? :wink: :wink: )

(1) Howzabout endless UNDO/REDO?

Realtime UNDO/REDO with endless REDO/UNDO that can be used realtime and RECORDED would be a devastaing feature...especially if you wanted to change the time signature from say a Waltzy Jazzy thing mid-song to a HARD CORE FUNK THANG for the RAH-RAH-pump-ya-fist-tear-the-club-up-type chorus!....aaaaaahhh :mrgreen:

(2) Secondly, what do you fellas think about "AUTO NAME" feature that allows you to save the sequence youre working on with todays date automatically unless you click on the box and type it in?

I dont know about you guys, but when IM HOT, and the ideas are FLOWING, I just cant stop, its like the more you sit down with your instrument, the more inspriration you get, and I hate to DISS the MUSE, knowatimsayin? This could save a little time, and is hella more convenient than those lettered pads...

Of course, you already know that if I drop 1300 clams, the deal breaker with me is that HIDDEN VIDEO GAME! (hint hint) :oops:

Until next we meet,
Same forum, Different time
2KOOL4$KOOL 8)
Last edited by strugglebuggiemusic on Wed May 02, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Wed May 02, 2012 7:44 pm
qlink assigned to pitch/tune I would think. But a dedicated knob would be redundant imo.
By Coz Wed May 02, 2012 7:49 pm
strugglebuggiemusic wrote:This could save a little time, and is hella more convenient than those lettered pads...

Qwerty keyboard?