MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DJ Hellfire Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:49 am
JAH wrote:
cyrus wrote:3. maschine missed how the window focuses on the sample.........if you have a long sample and adjust the start point it doesnt automatically focus the window on the marker, you have to pan right or left to get it back into focus forcing you to use both knobs. so the way the knobs zoom, you need to still keep focus on the sample unless you purposely pan left or right.

I'm not seeing this. When I adjust the start point and then zoom out, the focus stays on the start marker. Unless I am misunderstanding you.

Jah, if you are zoomed in real close/fine, then the problem Cyrus mentioned happens when you move between samples by pressing the pads. It's pretty annoying!
By JAH Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:58 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
JAH wrote:
cyrus wrote:3. maschine missed how the window focuses on the sample.........if you have a long sample and adjust the start point it doesnt automatically focus the window on the marker, you have to pan right or left to get it back into focus forcing you to use both knobs. so the way the knobs zoom, you need to still keep focus on the sample unless you purposely pan left or right.

I'm not seeing this. When I adjust the start point and then zoom out, the focus stays on the start marker. Unless I am misunderstanding you.

Jah, if you are zoomed in real close/fine, then the problem Cyrus mentioned happens when you move between samples by pressing the pads. It's pretty annoying!

I see. Let me play around with it a bit.
By Blue Haze Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:17 am
1. Copy to pad or duplicate like maschine and the mv8000 hopefully a dedicate button.

2. The ability to change samples as the sequence plays from the browser.

3. A great audition mode for samples from the load menu.

4. Maybe it has been mentioned but ability to import of Rex2 files.

5. If possible a groove template and extract groove mode like logic or live!

6. Some gain meters or something if you are serious about mixing level of samples, programs, and even tracks on it.

7. An ability it would be nice to import third party sample formats like exs, kont, bat, and the nine. As I may not have all the plugins but I can sure get the kits from sample CDs and downloads to use in ren sampler engine then good bye chicken translater.

8. Bring back simultaneous pads over 4 zone layering I like the separate envelopes and filtering.

9. The ability to edit a sample assigned to a program and hear the changes in real time based on the program settings.

10. A great envelope editor like ableton live that you have a hi res red GUI over the track that easily allows you to draw in or trance in the automation with a controller.
By DJ Hellfire Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:50 pm
Blue Haze wrote:2. The ability to change samples as the sequence plays from the browser.

9. The ability to edit a sample assigned to a program and hear the changes in real time based on the program settings.

These will possibly be deal breakers for me if they aren't included. These are two of major features about Maschine that I love.
By JAH Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:10 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Blue Haze wrote:2. The ability to change samples as the sequence plays from the browser.

These will possibly be deal breakers for me if they aren't included. These are two of major features about Maschine that I love.

What's up with number 9? It refers to editing a sample based upon program settings....

Do you mean editing a "Pad"? As programs are specific to pads and doesn't do anything destructive to a sample.
By Blue Haze Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:38 am
Sorry for the reply I got tired up! What I meant was like DJ Hellfire said.

I assign the sample to a pad then adjust the program parameters. Afterwards if I change the sample again it will reflect the change in realtime from the program.
By JAH Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:14 am
Blue Haze wrote:Sorry for the reply I got tired up! What I meant was like DJ Hellfire said.

I assign the sample to a pad then adjust the program parameters. Afterwards if I change the sample again it will reflect the change in realtime from the program.

I was thinking you guys were talking about some new feature. Even the MPC 2000XL can assign a sample to a pad and in Program Edit Mode I can change the Filter, Tune, Envelope and sample assignment in real time while the sequencer is playing. Its mixer is also real time. These are basic MPC features. Or are you talking about something specifc that no current MPC can accomplish?
By Blue Haze Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:01 am
I meant after the sample assigned in the program and modulated and then going back in the sample edit change the sample and being able to hear the changes from the sample edit page. On the monitor tab in sample edit on the 4k at least it wouldn't play the sound changes. For example if I change the start position or changing the length of a loop or pick out a region in region edit.
By JAH Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:54 am
Blue Haze wrote:I meant after the sample assigned in the program and modulated and then going back in the sample edit change the sample and being able to hear the changes from the sample edit page. On the monitor tab in sample edit on the 4k at least it wouldn't play the sound changes. For example if I change the start position or changing the length of a loop or pick out a region in region edit.

Got it. The MPC 5000 can do this and I believe the MPC 2500/1000 if memory serves me correct.
By Retrofreak Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:04 pm
1. 'Alt loop' like on Roland S700 series samplers where sounds loop backwards and forwards.
2. MPC 60/3000 gain switch emulation.
3. Vari-stretch sampling like Roland VariOS
4. S950/S1000 and Emu II/III emulation.
5. Piano roll
6. Built in programmable synth that can load MPC 5000 synth presets.
7. Abelton BPM matching and sample warping.
8. Full 64Bit.
9. Clip gain like Pro Tools 10
10 Ability to play programs sounds and sequences directly from a usb mounted MPC 5000 drive.
11. Cloud subscription based sound effects library.
By cyrus Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:54 pm
JAH wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:
JAH wrote:I'm not seeing this. When I adjust the start point and then zoom out, the focus stays on the start marker. Unless I am misunderstanding you.

I see. Let me play around with it a bit.

oops, didnt see your question Jah, thanks for replying Hellfire. Yeah, this is what I was talking about. Its both the pan and the zoom that sticks, I think its prob okay if it sticks per pad, but it goes across pads.

would also like these additions/behavior to the sampler:
1.time cursor that moves while sample is playing so you can see where things are occuring (especially helpful with large samples or samples that dont have lots of well defined peaks)
2.double click to zoom and focus where the mouse pointer is (or similar shortcut).
3.zoom in and out with mouse scroll wheel (on maschine you have to hover directly over the zoom icon - totally wierd)
4.ctrl + click to set start point (on maschine you can only drag it with the mouse)
5.horzintal and vertical zoom (maschine seems to only have horizontal)
By cyrus Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:12 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:

agreed.

with #2 as hichup free as possible. I can get maschine to drop audio by loading new samples (on new pads) while the sequencer is playing.

I agree, #9 is a biggie. JJOS can do this. example: you assign sample to pad, and change its tuning +3, then you can go into trim mode and hear the pgm changes while in trim mode. previous mpcs could not do this, you would have to exit trim mode to hear the pgm settings, then toggle back and forth if you wanted to hear your start or end point changes with the pgm settings.

on maschine, as you adjust the sample start/end points you can hear everything set on the pad (tuning, envelope, vsts applied, etc.). the sample window is for the pad (not just the sample like typical mpcs).

also, as you press another pad in sample window, it jumps to that pads sample. hopefully the mpc ren will have this. this is the beauty of JJOS 2xl non destructive chop. It let you adjust your samples while hearing the pgm settings, and, you could go from one pad to the next and basically chop/adjust while the sequence was playing and compare chops, play all pads together, etc. on older mpcs, you had to adjust sample, leave trim, test it, then go back if you didnt like it (workflow killer)

sorry if im being to wordy, but I've realized that everyone doesnt use the mpc the same way and if you haven't experienced jjos or maschine, you might not know what you are missing!
By cyrus Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:20 pm
Blue Haze wrote:8. Bring back simultaneous pads over 4 zone layering I like the separate envelopes and filtering.

me too. only thing i could think of better is if each layer had its own envelope/filter settings. but even then, i would still like simlt pad.

but I do think we should get more than 4 layers, maschine can do it, and if there is added support to import other formats, it might be neccesary
By Spirit Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:18 pm
Selectable sampler emulation per sample or track and not just a global effect.

I wouldn't want every single thing to sound like it was coming out of an MPC60 and to have to use a non Akai vst to emulate an akai sampler on an akai piece of gear would be a bit of an oversight