MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DSTR / deStar Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:47 pm
Nubian Mindz wrote:Please bring back the A-Z sorting feature that was in 1.4.

:Sigh:

:WTF: :roll: :hmmm: :Sigh:
By Nubian Mindz Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:57 am
Here's something that would further increase my use of the Ren.

Turning the sample edit section into a full blown audio editor (like Audition/Soundforge/Wavelab,etc..)

Where you have the option to directly process the sample through a vst plug in and change formats all in one go (plus more besides)

Just a thought.
By sfw Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:37 am
Midi controller config files for major daws (LogicX, PT, Ableton) would make this thing not only a great sampler but an amazing daw control surface.

A software redesign from a UX perspective. I love the old MPC workflow but man, you guys lose the war against maschine the second someone sees their software. I work in advertising and let me tell you, pretty is good.

Great pieces of kit otherwise. Have both the studio and ren.
By Fanu Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:37 pm
Nubian Mindz wrote:Here's something that would further increase my use of the Ren.

Turning the sample edit section into a full blown audio editor (like Audition/Soundforge/Wavelab,etc..)

Where you have the option to directly process the sample through a vst plug in and change formats all in one go (plus more besides)

Just a thought.

On a similar note, I'd bring in an Ableton-Live-like feature where double-clicking on a sample (or by some other method), your audio editor of choice opens up the selected sample, and then it'd be brought back to Ren.
This'd be a mad timesaver for me as I have to do the reverse/alternate looping manually with Ren.
By Fanu Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:38 pm
Nubian Mindz wrote:
DSTR / deStar wrote:
Nubian Mindz wrote:Please bring back the A-Z sorting feature that was in 1.4.

:Sigh:

:WTF: :roll: :hmmm: :Sigh:

Like, it just makes no sense why it was taken out?

:?: :hmmm: :Sigh:

Got back to some Ren-ism after a bit of a break (had to finish an album that was written with other things) to work on all the unfinished Ren stuff, and whaaaaat is this I see…the A-Z really is gone!
By DSTR / deStar Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:41 pm
Fanu wrote:Got back to some Ren-ism after a bit of a break (had to finish an album that was written with other things) to work on all the unfinished Ren stuff, and whaaaaat is this I see…the A-Z really is gone!

Tell me about it.
By Fanu Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:33 pm
when you zoom in, please let Ren keep the focus on the playhead!
happens so often that im playing thru my track and i hear something i want to fix.
i zoom in using the hardware, but it zooms in out of where the song is going.
annoying.

also, when you have really short midi notes, i'd still love to be able to stretch it without having to zoom in.
maschine is good at this. it's annoying when you have to zoom in to stretch a midi note.

and, as for zooming, lemme copy+paste my zoom-related suggestions from the thread i did (which, to my surprise, hasnt received any comments).

1) Better zooming. IMHO, shift + <> is just too clumsy. I always find myself switching from the hardware to software to zoom. I really dislike the hardware zoom.
TBH, I can't understand why, e.g., shift + jog wheel doesn't do it?
I know that handles contrast, but how often per session do you have to do that, anyways, really…

2) Better browsing back and forth (in main view etc).
IMHO, when you want to move around in main view, using << and >> would be OK as it is – if the screen followed your browsing. Page Mode doesn't extend to manual browsing when your song isn't playing (it's only scrolling while playing), so I'd make it follow manual browsing, too.
Also, in track mix view, you cannot move around in the view using hardware at all? You always have to use your computer for that. It's weak.
I know we have Locate, but that's just for certain points in a song.

3) I'd like to be able to take bigger steps than one bar; maybe by pressing Tap Tempo + <</>> (maybe make shift + tap tempo display a menu for user-definable step size?).
That could be user-definable; 4 bars, 8 bars, etc. Sometimes jumping around in one bar steps feels like work.

4) As I enter track or track mix view, it doesn't remember where I was when I left the view the last time; it always displays the very early section of my song. E.g., I enter track mix view, scroll to display the very last bars of the song, enter main view, then enter track mix view again, and it displays the start of the song again, and I have to scroll to the end again (using software, d'oh!) if I wish to see it.

5) I wish when the playhead is out of the screen and I activate page mode, it brought the focus to where the song actually is! I have to stop and start to get there.
By WKempton Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:39 am
Fanu wrote:2) Better browsing back and forth (in main view etc).
IMHO, when you want to move around in main view, using << and >> would be OK as it is – if the screen followed your browsing. Page Mode doesn't extend to manual browsing when your song isn't playing (it's only scrolling while playing), so I'd make it follow manual browsing, too.
Also, in track mix view, you cannot move around in the view using hardware at all? You always have to use your computer for that. It's weak.
I know we have Locate, but that's just for certain points in a song.

4) As I enter track or track mix view, it doesn't remember where I was when I left the view the last time; it always displays the very early section of my song. E.g., I enter track mix view, scroll to display the very last bars of the song, enter main view, then enter track mix view again, and it displays the start of the song again, and I have to scroll to the end again (using software, d'oh!) if I wish to see it.

+1!
Wasn't the screen following browsing in some version of the software?
By mocheez Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm
Dunno if there's a workaround for that, and it probably has been asked before, but I would gladly appreciate to be able to export a program's individual pads as separate audio tracks (especially for drum kit programs) when bouncing to my DAW.
By Nubian Mindz Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:44 pm
Finally got round to setting up some songs for playing out live and noticed a small thing that would make a big difference (for me at least)

When I set up the q links on a program you can 'play them' in your regular main mode or program mode but they don't respond properly in pad mute mode. What happens is I go into mute pad mode to bring some sounds in and out and see the q links light up but when I move them they keep jumping to the last level set in the main mode or program mode.

If I could play my q links (I have them set up on sends and filter cutoff mainly) when in mute pad mode (or all modes if possible) then I can play a whole track live from there just muting/unmuting pads and automating the qlinks live.

Does that make sense to anyone??

:?:
By DSTR / deStar Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:56 pm
Julien wrote:Like & Share the new Julien Drumz Teaser!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-ZDpM1LdCw

Like Julien Drumz on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/JulienDrumz

This is a great suggestion for 1.6! :Sigh: :WTF: :hmmm: Keep it up!
By highcaliba Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:03 pm
These are my top 3 features.

1. Real time time stretching with the ability to edit and nudge transients. (ie flex time, warping, elastic audio)

2. Track explode for those who can actually play all they're drums at once instead of going track by track... (a real time saver)

3. audio tracks for those of us who either need to lay something down and for those of us who like to use plugins like melodyne editor for features like remove vocals from samples, audio to midi and etc...