MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 am
Please enter all your bug reports for the MPC Software and MPC Renaissance here in this topic.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TOPIC WAS FOR 1.0. CHECK THE STICKIES AT THE TOP FOR THE LATEST VERSION BUG REPORTS.

Important: Please confirm which platform and OS you are running, e.g. Mac 10.6.8 and any other relevant details, and give a detailed, step-by-step reproduction of the problem where possible.

If the problem can be recreated in my system, I will personally ensure that it is sent directly to the Ren software development team for their assessment and consideration. I cannot submit anything that I cannot recreate.

BTW, keep this strictly on topic - no lengthy discussions, just posts to clarify bug reproductions etc.
By Clint Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:keep this strictly on topic - no lengthy discussions, just posts to clarify bug reproductions etc.

Non bug-related discussion and feature requests will likely be removed from this thread. Be sure you know what a bug actually is and give a step-by-step account of how to reproduce it. There is a dedicated sticky set up for users to post feature requests.

If you simply don't know how to do something relating to the MPC Renaissance or are having setup problems, RTFM or post your issue in the main forum.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:26 pm
1.OS 1.0 doesn't have the ability to load .ALL and .APS files from legacy MPCs without having to load individual songs, sequences, and PGM's. The APS file loads the sounds to the browser, but does not load the sounds to the pads or create the necessary programs. I only tried it on the 2000xl, and Dan confirmed that you need to load the individual parts.

I didnt save indie seqs and pgms on the 2000xl. With all the seqs I made in each composition, that would have taken too long. I always saved .ALL and .APS.

2. Once my 2000xl sounds and and sequences are loaded, If I hit play, MAYBE one, the first track in my sequence, will play. All other tracks play nothing. The midi data for each track is there, the proper program is selected, and if you click on the sound in the main view for the sequencer the sound plays, but during play back..the midi data plays back no sound except for MAYBE Track one. I may have to create a video to properly explain. It's as if track one is solo'ed, but it is not. After toggling solo, mutes, checking velocity settings, routing, still no sound from the other tracks. But if i press the pads for the sounds in those tracks that don't trigger during playback..they play just fine.
Pads can play the sound. Playback will not play the sound.

Workaround: If I copy the midi data for a track thats not playing correctly, create a new track, paste the midi data there, it works. There are no obvious differences between the original track and the new one. Same program, same track velocity, same level in the track mixer, same routing... but for some reason the new track works, and the original triggers no sound. So far, this is the only way I've been able to get my 2000xl beats to play with the Ren.

I really hope I'm overlooking a setting, but i don't think so. Still, I've only had the Ren for 12 hours. At this point, it definitely doesn't load my older stuff and instantly plays, like loading it on the XL. If anyone can help, it'd be highly appreciated.
By sparq Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:05 pm
good find. don't have an XL anymore (got rid of it a long time ago) so i don't have any XL .ALL or .APS files. hopefully someone can help you with this. I know there's a lot of ppl here who have XLs are planning to get the REN so this could be a problem for them.

did you only try to load that 1 project? have you tried others?
By IMAKEMADBEATS Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:07 pm
sparq wrote:good find. don't have an XL anymore (got rid of it a long time ago) so i don't have any XL .ALL or .APS files. hopefully someone can help you with this. I know there's a lot of ppl here who have XLs are planning to get the REN so this could be a problem for them.

did you only try to load that 1 project? have you tried others?

Thanks man. I tried 5 beats and some played 1 track, some played no tracks. Just to be thorough, I'm going to try more.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:27 pm
Running 10.6.8 Macbook Pro

When 2000xl programs and sequences are loaded and I attempt to copy a sequence, roughly 1 out of every 5 times the software will close abruptly and in usual Apple form, the OS asks if I'd like to send the program error to Apple.

In a few, I'll copy and paste the error codes.
This has happened on several sequences from several different compositions.
By sparq Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:36 pm
maybe you should try upgrading to either Lion or Mountain Lion to see if that would fix anything. you are still on Snow Leopard. snow leopard was known to have some problems with certain tasks (very intermittent).
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:42 pm
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:Running 10.6.8 Macbook Pro

When 2000xl programs and sequences are loaded and I attempt to copy a sequence, roughly 1 out of every 5 times the software will close abruptly and in usual Apple form, the OS asks if I'd like to send the program error to Apple.

In a few, I'll copy and paste the error codes.
This has happened on several sequences from several different compositions.

Can you copy the error report and post it up here? I'm on 10.6.8 and don't get any crashes running XL files.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:48 pm
I tried to paste the code here, but it said it had too many characters for the forum post.

So you can get the .RTF doc of the code here:

http://imakemadbeats.com/mpccrashcode.rtf

http://imakemadbeats.com/mpccrashcode2.rtf

edit- added another crash error code rtf. happened again, when I tried to copy a sequence.

edit - added video. This even happens when you copy a blank sequence from a brand new project.

the best way for me to currently copy a sequence is to save a copy of the sequence, then inport it to a new sequence location.
Last edited by IMAKEMADBEATS on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By ccutta Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 pm
Hey is it just my unit or can someone confirm that when coping sequences or when navigating thru different screens sometimes some of the display on the renaissance gets cut off like the time,names, track number etc... and when you highlight that section or change the page on the display and come back to that page on the display it fixes it self seems like a bug to me idk. Let me know thanks.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:43 pm
ccutta wrote:Hey is it just my unit or can someone confirm that when coping sequences or when navigating thru different screens sometimes some of the display on the renaissance gets cut off like the time,names, track number etc... and when you highlight that section or change the page on the display and come back to that page on the display it fixes it self seems like a bug to me idk. Let me know thanks.

that happens to me periodically also.
By ccutta Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:10 pm
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:I tried to paste the code here, but it said it had too many characters for the forum post.

So you can get the .RTF doc of the code here:

http://imakemadbeats.com/mpccrashcode.rtf

http://imakemadbeats.com/mpccrashcode2.rtf

edit- added another crash error code rtf. happened again, when I tried to copy a sequence.

edit - added video. This even happens when you copy a blank sequence from a brand new project.

the best way for me to currently copy a sequence is to save a copy of the sequence, then inport it to a new sequence location.

Yes this happens to mine as well not for blank templates but for one project file i have saved no matter what I do when i try to copy the sequence to a another it crashes the mpc software.
By ccutta Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:31 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:

Just copying a sequence crashes the software!?!? Does this happen every time?

well for me just the copying of a sequence does not crash the software but I do have one project that i cant seem to understand every time i copy a sequence in the project file it crashes the mpc software. I have tested this on a different computer as well with the same project file.