MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Clint Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 am
Listen up everyone, please.

The purpose of this thread is to facilitate forum members who wish to report bugs in the MPC Renaissance software version 1.0. The thread was started by MPC Tutor with the following statement.

MPC-Tutor wrote:If the problem can be recreated in my system, I will personally ensure that it is sent directly to the Ren software development team for their assessment and consideration... no lengthy discussions, just posts to clarify bug reproductions etc.

You are not reporting bugs to a particular beta tester, and in turn they are not obliged to assume responsibility for passing bug reports to the developers. Beta testers can obviously help new users based on their knowledge and experience of using the software, but this is best done with humilty if at all. Yes there are other beta testers who are forum members, and they are just as capable of reproducing bugs and reporting them to the developers if they are confirmed.

Version 1.0 of the Renaissance is in the public domain and clearly has a number of issues, all who have purchased the machine are essentially 'beta testers' for this release at this point. Post and discuss identified bugs here so that other members know what issues (bugs) are common to all 1.0 users, and which issues are specific to their particular setup and cannot be reproduced by others.

JAH wrote:when it comes to the Ren, I am certainly the Master...swallow your pride and learn something from the Master.

This type of conceited response is just plain counterproductive and detracts from otherwise helpful responses elsewhere.
By JAH Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 am
clint246clint wrote:
JAH wrote:when it comes to the Ren, I am certainly the Master...swallow your pride and learn something from the Master.

This type of conceited response is just plain counterproductive and detracts from otherwise helpful responses elsewhere.

You posting this is counterproductive. Those of us that actually own the Ren communicate everyday without any problems. We do it via this forum, PM, email, and telephone calls. Re-read our posts..we are learning something from each other and clearing up actual bugs from misunderstandings how features work making this a more informative place to visit.

My 'conceited' responses was directed at those that continue to troll this forum (and send me dumb azz PMs..you know who you are :lol: ) and discredit anything positive going on here. You obviously choose to overlook this. And on several occassions have only made situations worst. (Edit - as you can see below that I never see you address).

As one of several beta testers on this forum, I was asked to look into any report..which I was already doing anyway. I am not sure what everyone else is doing, but I confirm and immediately report findings. You did read the message where Dan thanked Tutor for this thread and said this thread is being monitored...

xparis001 wrote:hey guys,

thanks for making this thread, this is great. Our QA people are monitoring it, and we're adding these to our bug list. I hope to get a few of these knocked out for our 1.1 release.

...bingo. :nod:
Last edited by JAH on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:18 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:BTW, keep this strictly on topic - no lengthy discussions, just posts to clarify bug reproductions etc.
By Lampdog Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:02 pm
That's cool, get the gear that works with you. You shouldn't have to put up with something that isn't getting the job done.

Ok, now back to bug reports.
By BoogieMusicUSA Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:12 am
hecdolo wrote:Hi all,

just got my REN today. Doing some sample editing and I notice that when I leave the sample edit screen and come back to it to do some more adjusting to the sample. When I turn the qlinks it kick the edit back to the beginning of the sample if I adjusting the end and the end of the sample if I'm woking on the start. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also my bank CD is jacked up. Would one of you mac user like to clone a copy for me and dropbox it to me so I can have it to install? I will most likely call akai about this to send me a new CD but in the meantime I would like to have the sounds.

oh yeah and I'm using mac 10.6.8

Thanks,
Hec

If you are using a mac I can send you the files but if you have a PC call the company they will email you the zip's.
By JAH Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:14 am
Lampdog wrote:That's cool, get the gear that works with you. You shouldn't have to put up with something that isn't getting the job done.

Ok, now back to bug reports.

:nod:
By third Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:16 am
[quote="BoogieMusicUSA"][quote="hecdolo"]Hi all,

just got my REN today. Doing some sample editing and I notice that when I leave the sample edit screen and come back to it to do some more adjusting to the sample. When I turn the qlinks it kick the edit back to the beginning of the sample if I adjusting the end and the end of the sample if I'm woking on the start. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've had the same problem, sometimes it does and sometimes i doesn't, maybe because the length of the sample? As far as the CD's go, I'd say call AKAI for sure, I don't know who'd slang you those files.
By JAH Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 pm
^^^
Reported on Page 2 of this thread.
By third Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:56 pm
loading up a song today, all my programs, samples and tracks are shown. however only a couple sounds and clicks are emitted from the computer. then it crashed on me. i have a copy of the crash log. does anybody else have this problem?
By boomspot Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:33 am
chriskeysbeats wrote:Ater every time you save and go to quit, it asks if you want to save changes instead of just quitting - obviously it was just saved. I know no big deal but something they could probably fix pretty easily. Just a redundant dialogue window.

+1.

D
By revrand Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:13 am
Hopefully the update will fix the many problems I am having.
Laid down some sequences and tracks then went back
to the sequences to mute some samples
and had to re record the sequences over in order to eliminate the samples that
I wanted. I even tried to go to the edit seq and hit the F7
erase button and just erase the notes that I wanted
off of that particular seq and it don't do it the samples are still
playing after I select the do it button. I am a little confused right now. I even tried
the erase note button while the sequence is playing and that don't work either.

I am more if a hands on guy then a manuel reader but I been spending some
time in the manuel and watching the videos cause the ren is a bit tricky to me.
I really hope they fix these issues in the update.

I really like the ren but the workflow to me is not as smooth as advertised.