MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By JAH Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 pm
BoogieMusicUSA wrote:Hey... everyone I have a 100% fix's for the expansions DVD's not working on Macbook Pros and some window computers.

I just got off the phone with Akai tech, so call them at 401-658-4032. They will email you a zip or .dmg for the expansions. The links are a one time download. They understand that some computers/macbook Pro's CD/DVD drives are having issue with single layer DVDs. So just call them and tell them your issue and they will hook you up.

PS: I'm the 1st guy in Germany that have the Ren...

Thanks for posting this info...

Always good to see another Ren user around here.

Blue Haze wrote:
See the light grasshopper. :smoker:

1 year + 1000 plus hours on the Ren. Sorry bro-ham...when it comes to the Ren, I am certainly the Master.

Besides..reporting it here provides an avenue for other forum members to see your issues and chime in. Some of them may even found a solution to something someone is experiencing. Grasshopper....swallow your pride and learn something from the Master.
Last edited by JAH on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By third Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:02 pm
BoogieMusicUSA wrote:Hey... everyone I have a 100% fix's for the expansions DVD's not working on Macbook Pros and some window computers.

I just got off the phone with Akai tech, so call them at 401-658-4032. They will email you a zip or .dmg for the expansions. The links are a one time download. They understand that some computers/macbook Pro's CD/DVD drives are having issue with single layer DVDs. So just call them and tell them your issue and they will hook you up.

did you get the 1.1 update cuz we sure in the hell didn't.
By JAH Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:16 am
InspectahEX wrote:got my ik multimedia plugins to load as vsts in the ren, i suggest clicking "use au" for when scanning re-scanning plug-ins on the mac

Excellent find. I just checked my plugins. I also found in some instances that AU plugins work better than their VST counterparts.
By sbrown3a Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:34 pm
Wanted to know if anyone with a Ren noticed weird things happening when using song mode. I created several sequences then when I put them into song mode my sequences start playing sound from different sequences. Some sequences would play for two bars then go blank with no sounds playing. Hope this bug gets fixed in 1.1.
By JAH Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:22 am
sbrown3a wrote:Wanted to know if anyone with a Ren noticed weird things happening when using song mode. I created several sequences then when I put them into song mode my sequences start playing sound from different sequences. Some sequences would play for two bars then go blank with no sounds playing. Hope this bug gets fixed in 1.1.

Without specific details, I assume you are having the same issues end-users have until they understand how Song Mode works...

The Sequences must be set-up exactly the same...meaning each track should have the same program. So if Sequence 1, Track 1 has an '808 drum kit' program, then Sequence 2, Track 1 should also have an '808 drum kit' program . If Sequence 1, Track 2 has a 'Piano' key group program, then Sequence 2, Track 2 should also have this 'Piano' key group program. If you fail to do this, a Song will not convert to a sequence properly.
By BoogieMusicUSA Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:35 pm
Bug:

Note on-

To have a sample continue playing when a pad is pressed down, you must go to sample-edit click, on loop and save sample to a pad. Thin go to program edit and click note-on to work right.

Ren Plug-in:

When playing a bass or any Ren plug-in sound with and external keyboard you will have a sustain/decay sound when pressing on your keyboard. Like, I’m playing a bass guitar after #3 keys of playing boom… a very long decay of the sound and to make it stop. You must press the stop button #2 time.

Sample:

If you are playing back a sequence and stop the song, you must press the stop again to stop the sample. And the same for if you press a pad with a sample you must press stop to stop the pad sample from playing.

Midi:

The Ren can’t record system exclusive data for recording external keyboard sounds information for later playback.

Example; I make a song using the Ren sequencer with my Motif XS. Drums made on the MPC Ren, keyboards sounds on the motif xs. Now I want to save my projected but I can’t send sysex data to the MPC it will not record the data.

Play back:

Sometimes when playing a song or making a song the sequencer will stops playing for 1sec thin continue to play when recording or just playing back the music.

Main level:

When using my sound card ( Apogee Ensemble) and having the sound from the Ren coming out on my Apogee the only way to control the main level is from the software main level knob not the hardware main level knob.

Computer: Macbook Pro 17.
OSX: 10.8.2
Ram: 4gb.
MPC Ren: V1.0
By IMAKEMADBEATS Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:33 pm
BoogieMusicUSA wrote:Bug:

Sample:

If you are playing back a sequence and stop the song, you must press the stop again to stop the sample. And the same for if you press a pad with a sample you must press stop to stop the pad sample from playing.

Main level:

When using my sound card ( Apogee Ensemble) and having the sound from the Ren coming out on my Apogee the only way to control the main level is from the software main level knob not the hardware main level knob.

These are by design.
It would be nice to have a way to control the software master from the hardware.
By JAH Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Note on-

To have a sample continue playing when a pad is pressed down, you must go to sample-edit click, on loop and save sample to a pad. Thin go to program edit and click note-on to work right.

Ren Plug-in:

When playing a bass or any Ren plug-in sound with and external keyboard you will have a sustain/decay sound when pressing on your keyboard. Like, I’m playing a bass guitar after #3 keys of playing boom… a very long decay of the sound and to make it stop. You must press the stop button #2 time.

Sample:

Midi:

The Ren can’t record system exclusive data for recording external keyboard sounds information for later playback.

Example; I make a song using the Ren sequencer with my Motif XS. Drums made on the MPC Ren, keyboards sounds on the motif xs. Now I want to save my projected but I can’t send sysex data to the MPC it will not record the data.

Play back:

Sometimes when playing a song or making a song the sequencer will stops playing for 1sec thin continue to play when recording or just playing back the music.

Main level:

Unless I am misunderstanding you....Note On behavior you described is by design.

Recording/editing of MIDI exclusive messages is not supported in OS 1.0.

As far as Plugin and Playback, can you provide specific steps on how to produce the issues you are having?
By BoogieMusicUSA Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:43 pm
third wrote:

No... I have only v1.0
By BoogieMusicUSA Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm
JAH wrote:

Note on-

Ren Plug-in:

Sample:

Midi:

Play back:

Main level:

Unless I am misunderstanding you....Note On behavior you described is by design.

As far as Plugin and Playback, can you provide specific steps on how to produce the issues you are having?

1st.
I plug my Motif xs6 midi out to Ren midi in and Motif midi in from Ren midi out.

2nd.
Load a plug-in in the Ren say like a bass guitar.

3rd.

Hit record stand by.

4th.
Play some keys... and it will decay on its own. And the only way to stop it is to hit the stop button on the Ren.

And one more thing...

When playing back my music or recording the seq will stop of 1sec thin play again thin do it like 5 more time. Is it a way to fix this?
By BoogieMusicUSA Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:52 pm
BoogieMusicUSA wrote:
JAH wrote:

Note on-

Ren Plug-in:

Sample:

Midi:

Play back:

Main level:

1st.
I plug my Motif xs6 midi out to Ren midi in and Motif midi in from Ren midi out.

2nd.

3rd.

Hit record stand by.

4th.
Play some keys... and it will decay on its own. And the only way to stop it is to hit the stop button on the Ren.

And one more thing...

When playing back my music or recording the seq will stop of 1sec thin play again thin do it like 5 more time. Is it a way to fix this?

I have a fixs for recording system exclusive data download this

http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/
By JAH Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:23 pm
BoogieMusicUSA wrote:

1st.

2nd.

3rd.

Hit record stand by.

4th.

And one more thing...

Try this.....only use 1 MIDI connection. Have the MIDI Out of your Motif going into the MIDI In of the Ren. Do not connect the MIDI Out of the Ren to the MIDI In of your MOTIF.

Then insert a plugin on a a Ren track and use the Motif as a controller to record.

Let me know the results.
By third Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:37 pm
BoogieMusicUSA wrote:
third wrote:

No... I have only v1.0

makes me feel less jealous.