MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By verb Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:06 am
Is there a zoom function in sample edit in the Mpc Ren?
By IMAKEMADBEATS Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:28 am
verb wrote:Is there a zoom function in sample edit in the Mpc Ren?

yes, in the software, the bottom right corner near the scroll bar.
on the actually hardware, there currently isn't a zoom feature.
By JAH Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 am
This is one aspect of the Ren I would like to return to MPCs of the past like the 2500 or 2000XL. If you used these MPCs before and then you switch to the Ren, you will see how painful it is to edit from the controller. Much respect to those 'hit makers' using the number pads without the graphic waveform editor. I don't even bother with editing on the hardware.
By verb Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:50 pm
JAH wrote:This is one aspect of the Ren I would like to return to MPCs of the past like the 2500 or 2000XL. If you used these MPCs before and then you switch to the Ren, you will see how painful it is to edit from the controller. Much respect to those 'hit makers' using the number pads without the graphic waveform editor. I don't even bother with editing on the hardware.

I agree..... :?
By IMAKEMADBEATS Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:13 pm
verb wrote:
JAH wrote:This is one aspect of the Ren I would like to return to MPCs of the past like the 2500 or 2000XL. If you used these MPCs before and then you switch to the Ren, you will see how painful it is to edit from the controller. Much respect to those 'hit makers' using the number pads without the graphic waveform editor. I don't even bother with editing on the hardware.

I agree..... :?

:nod:
By Smoothbassman Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:11 am
Why is there no zoom on the MPC controller!! I had this on my 1000 why is this not on the Reni??
By JAH Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:21 am
Why? I can only guess...
By MPC-Tutor Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:15 am
Smoothbassman wrote:Why is there no zoom on the MPC controller!! I had this on my 1000 why is this not on the Reni??

There's quite a few oversights in terms of the features you'd expect on an MPC, but if we make enough (polite!) noise about it, hopefully they'll make their way back in. For me, I want to see full hardware based horizontal and vertical zoom JJ-style, plus numerical step edit.
By DJ Hellfire Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:36 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Smoothbassman wrote:Why is there no zoom on the MPC controller!! I had this on my 1000 why is this not on the Reni??

There's quite a few oversights in terms of the features you'd expect on an MPC, but if we make enough (polite!) noise about it, hopefully they'll make their way back in. For me, I want to see full hardware based horizontal and vertical zoom JJ-style, plus numerical step edit.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
By DSTR / deStar Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:28 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:

Indeed! Zoom option directly on hardware, and STEP EDIT :-D
By Smoothbassman Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:56 pm
krissserz wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:

Indeed! Zoom option directly on hardware, and STEP EDIT :-D

There is a zoom function on the hardware. It was added in 1.3

Hold Shift and use the cursor keys for either horizontal or vertical zooming.

Only horizontal scrolling works in sample edit mode.
By DSTR / deStar Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:11 pm
There is a zoom function on the hardware. It was added in 1.3

Hold Shift and use the cursor keys for either horizontal or vertical zooming.

Only horizontal scrolling works in sample edit mode.

Yes, but being able to zoom on hardware screen would be nice.
By 83dude Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:49 am
Yes, but being able to zoom on hardware screen would be nice.

Even zooming BOTH together would be a major improvement indeed! Not using the MPC's screen is heresy! :nod: