MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By third Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:24 am
so, i loaded up my Spectrasonics Trillian plugin and once again, my beat i made crashed. now i can't open it. does anybody else have problems with their plug ins not working? also my browser still crashes when i am scrolling through my samples..
By JAH Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:39 am
third wrote:so, i loaded up my Spectrasonics Trillian plugin and once again, my beat i made crashed. now i can't open it. does anybody else have problems with their plug ins not working? also my browser still crashes when i am scrolling through my samples..

Generally, you will find increased stability with plugins. But all plugins won't have the same performance in 1.1.

I don't have any issues with crashes while using the browser. Details?
By Subby32 Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:46 am
bug...
adjust a q link, look at the value, let go of the knob and touch it again, it will increase or decrease by 1 in whichever direction you last touched it.
And qlink pad mutes are super delayed now...
By optik415 Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:04 am
slice mode is impossible to use now! sample zooms in all the way by itself after i record it so i have to zoom out with the mouse,super annoying (ADD **** ZOOM IN/OUT ON THE CONTROLLER ALREADY) and the q-links dont move the way there supposed to when tryin to chop in region mode.Theres no indictor of start end points which makes slice/chop mode completely useless! its a complete mess.My work around for this is to copy my sample multiple times to make my next chop/start point.Imma uninstall and re-install to see what happens or ill resort back to 1.0.Anyone else dealing with this? does akai test ANYTHING before its released????
By IMAKEMADBEATS Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:08 am
When deleting a VSTI, If the VSTI interface is open and viewable, the software crashes.
Steps to reproduce...
1. Load a VSTI to Track 1 (plugin instrument)
2. Click on "EDIT" to view the VSTI interface.
3. Delete the VSTI plugin from the project information box or using the hardware menus.
4. Software Crash.

If you close the VSTI interface, and then delete it, the software doesn't crash.
This even happens with the Akai supplied instruments, like the Bank and the 809.
By optik415 Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:27 am
optik415 wrote:slice mode is impossible to use now! sample zooms in all the way by itself after i record it so i have to zoom out with the mouse,super annoying (ADD **** ZOOM IN/OUT ON THE CONTROLLER ALREADY) and the q-links dont move the way there supposed to when tryin to chop in region mode.Theres no indictor of start end points which makes slice/chop mode completely useless! its a complete mess.My work around for this is to copy my sample multiple times to make my next chop/start point.Imma uninstall and re-install to see what happens or ill resort back to 1.0.Anyone else dealing with this? does akai test ANYTHING before its released????

The indicator is invisible and will show vertical lines across the sample showing where the start point could be if it showed! also it makes sudden jumps and sometimes loops in certain areas when u keep twisting the q-link or wont go past certain points VERY,VERY UNUSEFULL.The indicator cant keep up in audition mode so instead of a smooth transition to another pad while practicing your chops,it now overlaps into the next chop playing both at the same time! UNLESS you completly remove your finger off the pad onto the next which i didnt have to do in 1.0 <----This also happens when i try to loop a sample manually in trim mode.The indicator for start/end points in trim mode are more sluggish now including the playback indicator when programming a sequence.They were very smooth in 1.0!! This has made me very angry after spending all this money on a product and this new update makes it worse.I had a slight thought of smashing this thing into pieces but that wouldnt help anything would it!!??.Like i said above,ill use the copy sample method.I mean shit,The producers i look up to didnt have it easy like this machine is TRYING to offer and still made some of the best beats EVER.AKAI,GET IT RIGHT BEFORE I BOYCOTT YOUR COMPANY AND NEVER SUPPORT YOUR PRODUCTS EVER AGAIN.
By JAH Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:29 am
optik415 wrote:slice mode is impossible to use now....

If you found an actual bug and want to see it fixed, post specific, easy to follow details to produce your issue. Post a video of your issue to accompany the written repro will also be helpful. Crash logs, system specs, etc should also be included.

ccutta wrote:1.1 crashes when copying sequences with plugins (Nexus 2).

Plugin Vendor
Plugin Name
Version #
Type: VST, AU,
OS version
Details: Computer specs plus specific details to produce your issue.

Both of you can post this info here or send it to the Akai tech support. If you send it to me (check your PMs), I will ensure it is posted to the Ren bug tracker within minutes to hours.

IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:When deleting a VSTI, If the VSTI interface is open and viewable, the software crashes.
Steps to reproduce...
1. Load a VSTI to Track 1 (plugin instrument)
2. Click on "EDIT" to view the VSTI interface.
3. Delete the VSTI plugin from the project information box or using the hardware menus.
4. Software Crash.

If you close the VSTI interface, and then delete it, the software doesn't crash.
This even happens with the Akai supplied instruments, like the Bank and the 809.

Pretty good example of a bug report minus the exclusion of system specs. This issue has been confirmed/reported.
By Rokgod Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:14 am
-I was editing a program and out of nowhere pads 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 lit up yellow and got stuck like that, I had colors set to velocity

-Also in a program I was editing a sample on one pad till all of a sudden, the sample went missing from that pad, and another sample took its place, everytime I tried to put the original sample back to that pad, it would not assign, even though it showed the correct sample selected

-Started a new project, I loaded some drum kit programs, started recording to tracks, and the sequencer started lagging/slowing down, didnt keep its timing, like it would randomly slow down speed back up slow down, as if it were struggling from low cpu/ram but my system was fine.

-sometimes when I played pads, i would hit a pad and not hear the sample, sometimes it worked, but sometimes they acted funny. then the software would come back in with a delay and play the samples but not how it was supposed to, as if it were lagging

- I had chopped a sample and had been editing slice points and I noticed the play markers, start and end point markers are super glitchy, sometimes slice markers disappear or they jump to different locations all over the place, or some wierd things started happening where I see a greyed out slice but it wouldnt play in audition, very glitchy, also they didnt even implement an add/remove slice function which makes me double frustrated with the sample editing.

Also my spdif input doesnt seem to be picking up signal in sample record, sample record only works for me when I sample through certain inputs, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, sometimes it samples the incoming signal and the sample comes out very static like with noise and its unusable.

Havent used plug in s or anything yet
By Rokgod Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:18 am
I can't remember if this was before or after I upated to 1.1, but I remember when I tried to resample part of my sequence, i went to sample record, resample, and no signal was being recognized but the ren sequencer was going, and the sounds were coming out
By optik415 Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:28 am
InspectahEX wrote:
- I had chopped a sample and had been editing slice points and I noticed the play markers, start and end point markers are super glitchy, sometimes slice markers disappear or they jump to different locations all over the place, or some wierd things started happening where I see a greyed out slice but it wouldnt play in audition, very glitchy, also they didnt even implement an add/remove slice function which makes me double frustrated with the sample editing.

^^^^^Glad im not the only one with the same prob! Havent dealt with the other stuff your goin thru.
By optik415 Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:46 am
JAH wrote:
optik415 wrote:slice mode is impossible to use now....

If you found an actual bug and want to see it fixed, post specific, easy to follow details to produce your issue. Post a video of your issue to accompany the written repro will also be helpful. Crash logs, system specs, etc should also be included.

This is the best way for me to explain! after all this is a bug report thread RIGHT?????? Ill explain any problem i have with my product any which way i want ESPECIALLY AFTER I SPENT ALL THIS GODDAM MONEY ON IT AND IT DOESNT DELIVER.I respect the specific rules but that doesnt go thru your head when your goin thru these bugs and it makes you frustrated.My prob is detailed as possible WHAT GIVES!!?!?? Good thing someone else is dealing with this prob so system specs dont matter.U want my specs???????????? Search my previous posts on my other LONG LIST of bugs that i reported and havent got fixed yet.
By JAH Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:16 pm
optik415 wrote:U want my specs????????????

You want help? Call tech support. They will pretty much ask you the same thing.

We went through this already in the last thread. When I locate an issue I want to see addressed, I write out a step-by-step repro, use screen capture software to record my session, and forward to Akai. Then it gets fixed. You have my advice. I won't speak on it any further.
By szr Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:06 pm
Why doesn't someone who has a project file that no longer loads send it to akai.. Should be easy for them to find the fault... although I think the vst plugins complicate matters.. You early adopter/beta testers should be using the ren inside a virtual machine... share those vm images with akai every time you find a bug.