MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By JAH Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
**** wrote:
JAH wrote:This is not a bug. Samples appear in the Project Information menu in the order they were loaded.

well if it´s a feature it´s a totally useless one imho!

As I mentioned in the other thread, all the drums at the top of the list that appear BEFORE my sample were the LAST sounds to be loaded! I loaded my sample, chopped it, loaded a break, chopped, loaded some more drums, in that order!

I can't produce what you are seeing. My samples are all being displayed in the order they were loaded or chopped. But none the less....hardware MPCs list samples alpha-numerically. So I forwarded your issue.
By DJ Hellfire Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:50 am
Late 2011 13" MBP w/2.4GHz i5 8GB RAM 10.8.2

Here's a couple more I found! Also, I found that the MPC software crashes if left idle for too long. Like, I be working on something, and say go pick up my son from daycare and leave my beat open in the software. When I come back, the controller/software is either frozen or lost communication.

Showing how the tuning setting of a sample is not staying the same when exiting the sample editor and returning.

Showing how the hardware and software are displaying two different values for the same setting.
By JAH Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:52 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:Late 2011 13" MBP w/2.4GHz i5 8GB RAM 10.8.2
Showing how the hardware and software are displaying two different values for the same setting.

1. Are you seeing this issue with MPC Ren effects or only 3rd party effects?

2. How are you changing the values of your plugin? Are you using Qlinks, Data wheel, or mouse?
By DJ Hellfire Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:46 am
JAH wrote:
[youtube]l9VbVWBUj6s[youtube]

2. How are you changing the values of your plugin? Are you using Qlinks, Data wheel, or mouse?

I have only noticed it with this plugin so far. I haven't really done a whole bunch of testing just to be testing as I'm not a beta tester. So I'm not just testing to be testing stuff. I'm just making beats recording the bugs as I come across them during my normal workout. Haven't really played with too many plugins yet. Sorry I'm not much help here!

Well, this was an automapped Q-Link parameter. I didn't even know you could change plugin parameters with the data wheel. Haven't tested the Sonnox plugin with the mouse. But also, not shown in the video, the same thing happens when you move the value to 16-bit.
By Don Blake Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:23 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Don Blake wrote:^^ please ignore this one as ive learned how to sort it out!

How?

It turns out it isnt a bug, i was looking to turn the effects back on via the hardware which appears to be impossible to do. However if you goto to track mixer and look at the channels it shows the effects and has a button saying off and the effects are greyed out. if you click on off it turns the effects back on.
By DJ Hellfire Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:24 pm
Don Blake wrote:And i noticed that you can only load last 5 projects, thats ridiculous, we need a load project tab which brings us to the folder browser. Hellfire have you put that as a request?

I didn't personally, but InspectahEX already mentioned this on the page before this one just yesterday. Doesn't really bother me since I load my projects from the browser on the hardware anyway. But I'm guessing he put the request in: viewtopic.php?p=1512729#p1512729
By Junglegymmusic Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:15 pm
I agree Loading from the actual hardware is a good way around the project file bug. At first this was a huge red flag! I didn't want to work on the ren if I couldn't bring up files. For now I can work meanwhile they get those updates together!!
By Junglegymmusic Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm
Don Blake wrote:And i noticed that you can only load last 5 projects, thats ridiculous, we need a load project tab which brings us to the folder browser. Hellfire have you put that as a request?

This was a problem I mentioned awhile back which to me was a more serious bug than others that people are complaining about. I still can't believe no one on this site addressed this issue or had any info. Very disappointing since there is comments on here that imply that some of us are masters on this new joint!
By sappo Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 pm
hi i can't seem to get this working ....basically im trying to realtime filter (cut off) a beat FROM the main Q- link page and it doesnt seem to work unless you pick a specific pad? seems like a bug as you can draw in RT in the automatuon lane and get the filter working that wayam i missing something? it works fine for the FX tab but not the PRG tab

can anyone confirm and try this :

1-create a loop
2-put a filter on (say low pass in the pogram edit page)
3-go to MAIN choose PRG tab
4-choose PARAM-filter cutoff,and CHANGE to realtime
5-now run loop and try realtime filtering that whole loop??

it only seems to work on either selected pads ie-A01 etc and not the whole program but works fine in the FX tab!!

confused is this a bug ?
if so that would mean no realtime q-link operation of PRG params from the MAIN page even though its supposed to?

cheers
sappo
By JAH Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
JAH wrote:
[youtube]l9VbVWBUj6s[youtube]

I have only noticed it with this plugin so far. I haven't really done a whole bunch of testing just to be testing as I'm not a beta tester. So I'm not just testing to be testing stuff. I'm just making beats recording the bugs as I come across them during my normal workout. Haven't really played with too many plugins yet. Sorry I'm not much help here!

Well, this was an automapped Q-Link parameter. I didn't even know you could change plugin parameters with the data wheel. Haven't tested the Sonnox plugin with the mouse. But also, not shown in the video, the same thing happens when you move the value to 16-bit.

Do you plan on answering the questions so it can be properly reported?
By JAH Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:15 am
Junglegymmusic wrote:I agree Loading from the actual hardware is a good way around the project file bug. At first this was a huge red flag! I didn't want to work on the ren if I couldn't bring up files. For now I can work meanwhile they get those updates together!!

Junglegymmusic wrote:

This was a problem I mentioned awhile back which to me was a more serious bug than others that people are complaining about. I still can't believe no one on this site addressed this issue or had any info. Very disappointing since there is comments on here that imply that some of us are masters on this new joint!

This is a feature request not a bug.
By DJ Hellfire Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:53 am
JAH wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:
JAH wrote:1. Are you seeing this issue with MPC Ren effects or only 3rd party effects?

1. I have only noticed it with this plugin so far. I haven't really done a whole bunch of testing just to be testing as I'm not a beta tester. So I'm not just testing to be testing stuff. I'm just making beats recording the bugs as I come across them during my normal workout. Haven't really played with too many plugins yet. Sorry I'm not much help here!

2. Well, this was an automapped Q-Link parameter. I didn't even know you could change plugin parameters with the data wheel. Haven't tested the Sonnox plugin with the mouse. But also, not shown in the video, the same thing happens when you move the value to 16-bit.

Do you plan on answering the questions so it can be properly reported?

??? :shock: I answered your questions! :?
By JAH Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:20 am
Your answers were not brief, clear which is why I asked again. :hmmm:

1. No, I don't have this issue with MPC Ren effects. I only have this issue with XX effect.

2. I am using only the Qlinks to change param values.

Is this what you mean?
By pledge Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:09 am
Midi program change numbers stay the same no matter what midi channel you are on...it always revert to the program change number of whatever track your on...the program change numbers don't stay changes for each track...and by the way...these are all on different midi channels...