MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By KASZ247 Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:57 pm
When loading projects it crashes...No clue why,but if I load everything seperate besides all programs and songs it will load but as soon as I load that it crashes...On a diffrent project it will crash when loading Program 1-1... :hmmm:
By Fanu Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:08 pm
BUG:
If you've loaded or previewed a sample in BROWSER, you can't enter SAMPLE EDIT mode unless you go to some other view first.

BUG + SUGGESTION:
Also, I'd suggest that there's some kind of backup memory (maybe this could be optional / you could switch it off in prefs).
In the two days I've had the Ren, I must say, without willing to sound nasty, that I've experienced an absolute motherload of crashes compared to any other software I've ever used, and that is saying a lot.
They've been caused by various tasks: deleting a sample, changing time correct values, etc.
I just sampled a big batch of samples, going thru vinyl, and I happened to delete a sample from memory...and I got a crash. I don't get upset too easily, but now, I'm feeling frustrated as now I gotta do it all again.
If rebooting the software had some kind of "recover from crash" option, I'd be a happy man.
By ukbeatmaker Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:31 pm
I'm not sure if this has been brought up,
But basically I got my ren yesterday installed all the software then loaded up the ren,
Dragged a mpc 1000 program onto the pads and it loaded fine, then started a new program and then dragged a sample I chopped up onto the pads, that loaded fine.
Ok so now I record some tracks to make my drums from my first program.. Do all those without problems.
then I recorded a few tracks of my sample and then saved the project
However when I load back up the project there is only one track of my samples left,
Like the track names are still there, but on my second track I recorded there's no data just the name left of the track!
This is madness i hope 1.3 sorts this out
I'm using a 27" iMac, intel core duo with 4gb ram and 1tb hd
Peace
By ukbeatmaker Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:01 pm
And now i have just started up the ren, recorded the track that vanished before, saved it, closed the software and turned off the ren, turned it all back on. loaded up my project and hey presto it has saved this time!
By J.O.BEATS Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:56 pm
PATCHED PHRASE BUG

-load up a 1 bar loop
-turn it into a patch phrase
-load up into a program and use 16 level to tune the patch phrase
-record the "tuned" patch phrase at least 2 bars
-save project and shut down Ren software
-load back up saved project and you'll notice the patch phrase is "cut in half" during play back

WORK AROUND
-resample!!!!!
By bearhead Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:13 am
Sampling points are sticking. Sometimes, a restart on the MPC/software fixes it, but then it comes back. Because of this, it makes it difficult to accurately chop my samples. Hopefully 1.3 addresses this issue.