MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Clint Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:06 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:For anyone bug reporting, it is VITAL that you include your system specs, and don't expect anyone to trawl through your previous posts to find that out. If you want bugs fixed, report them properly and it stands more of a chance of being taken seriously.

To report a bug the minimum info needed is:

MPC Software version
Operating system & version
Any other specs that may be relevant (e.g. audio interface and drivers used when dealing with audio issues, VST details and version etc)

Step by step reproduction, i.e.

1) 'File > New Project'
2) Load sample from browser by dragging to program
etc etc.

You may also be expected to provide error messages and screenshots, plus example files you were loading - bundle them into a zip and upload to mediafire or similar. The more details you give, the more likely a fix will be made.

But remember this is not official support for Akai, so don't start getting all shirty because one of the volunteers here is offering to report the bug on your behalf. This forum is not here to vent your anger at Akai over bugs. Ultimately you should report the bug directly to Akai through their official support system.
By DJ Hellfire Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 pm
Sample edit screen still laggy!

Pad LED's still not responsive. They seem to be even worse than 1.1.

Changing pad and track outputs from the hardware still isn't working.

Quantize and Note Shift of selected notes is fixed.

Also, I'm still noticing that in the piano roll editor, some of the notes have a black outline and some have none. When selecting notes, the ones with the black outline turn into a white outline indicating what notes are selected. Notes that don't have the black outline have no white outline when selected and makes it hard to tell if the notes are selected or note. The only way to tell accurately what notes are selected is if the velocity adjustment is bolded.

Trying to change a parameter value, pad Fine Tune for example, by only 1 value is nearly impossible from the hardware, and even hard from the software at times. Would be nice to hold shift so Q Links move slowly.

Plugins aren't showing parameter values of the Q Links on the hardware.

This is all on Mac 10.8.2.
By MANICE Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:05 pm
:oops: My bad Hellfire, it was InspectahEX who said ''wow, they actually fixed the lag on the harware screen, when i turn the knobs values dont jump around all crazy, it's tight now'' but like you said, I can confirm too that nothing seems to have changed on that end for me. Still jumpin around. Haven't noticed ANY change yet other than tick boxes next to plug-in folder destinations. Akai, how about tick boxes for the actual plug-ins?? Duh? If I don't want a folder to load, you just remove the path.

Other than that, I wander what they where working on all this time?? Interesting how they don't want us to know either. Very sparse release notes!

And I agree about the grid editor about how it's hard to tell whats highlighted sometimes and whats not. A small white outline isn't very distinctive. I mentioned this in the feature request thread recently.

My post was locked (not sure why), I wanted a single location that lists all the 'bugs' that HAVE been fixed NOT to report NEW ones. :roll:
By third Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 pm
bug fixes that are supposed to be taken care of :

Version 1.2 (November 2012) Improvements
◾ Many bug fixes and stability enhancements. ◾ Improved the software installation procedure.
Version 1.1 (October 2012) New features
◾ Support for MPC Studio hardware.
◾ Support for ProTools. MPC runs as an RTAS format plugin inside ProTools 9 and
ProTools 10.
Akai Professional is continually updating and enhancing the MPC experience.
This document lists the new features, fixes and improvements made to your MPC software.
MPC Release Notes 1
◾ Tracks are assignable to individual outputs in the Track Mixer.
◾ Enhanced audio export, with better workflow and the ability to export individual
Submix busses.
◾ Support for Bank Select and Program Change MIDI messages.
◾ Realtime sample playback indicator in the Sample Editor.
◾ Selectable MIDI output port routing to DAW when running as a plugin.
◾ Quick tool selection when grid editing using numeric keys.
◾ Support for VST and Audio Unit plugin preset selection.
Improvements
◾ Improved audio synchronization when running as a plugin in Ableton Live, Logic, ProTools and Cubase.
◾ Improved file save and load performance in plugin mode.
◾ Improved performance when recording long sequences and automation.
◾ Support for fullscreen mode and retina text display on Mac.
◾ Improved support for 3rd party VST and Audio Unit plugins.
◾ Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
Version 1.0 (August 2012)
This is the initial MPC software release, with support for MPC Renaissance hardware.
MPC Release Notes 2
By toxicc Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:28 am
Windows 7 x64
Intel i7

1-Open MPC Software
2-Drag 'Electro Kit5.xpm' program from the browser to the pads
3-Drag 'Electro Kit4.xpm' program from the browser to the pads
4-'Some of the samples exists, replace?' Click 'Yes'

The software crash around 80% of the time after i've pressed 'Yes' (when loading these exact programs (included with the software) in that order). I either get the Windows error that says the software stopped working, or this 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library' error: Runtime Error in MPC.exe - R6025 pure virtual function call.

I had this happen to me a few times before in MPC 1.1 when loading programs that included samples present in other programs being used.
By DJ Hellfire Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:53 am
So I loaded a whole song into the Ren, and this is what I get. A HUGE piece of the waveform missing. Able to recreate it after closing, relaunching the software and reloading the sample.

MBP 2.4 dual core i5, 8GB, 10.8.2.

This is after reloading the software:

EDIT: Seems to only be happening with files from my networked PC. If I load files from the local hard drive, this doesn't seem to happen. For example, I copied this same sample to my Mac's hard drive, then loaded the sample from there, and the entire waveform is visible. Something about networked drives or Macs loading sounds from networked PC's.
Last edited by DJ Hellfire on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:00 am
If I pull up an insert in the track mixer, and try to pull up another on another track, when i select the new insert, then click on it to view its GUI, it pulls up the first insert on the other track, unless I close that insert.

MBP 2.5 i5
8gb
By DJ Hellfire Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 am
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:If I pull up an insert in the track mixer, and try to pull up another on another track, when i select the new insert, then click on it to view its GUI, it pulls up the first insert on the other track, unless I close that insert.

MBP 2.5 i5
8gb

Also experienced this!
By masada2502 Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:17 am
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:If I pull up an insert in the track mixer, and try to pull up another on another track, when i select the new insert, then click on it to view its GUI, it pulls up the first insert on the other track, unless I close that insert.

MBP 2.5 i5
8gb

confirm ,The same here!

What I did was load up the 809 plug-in(in the main track screen) ,open the gui and I found that when i go to the track program plug-in ,select the gui of said plugin (any fx compressor ,ect)the 809 plugin would appear....couldnt get the fx plugin to appear unless i close the 809 or any plugin previously selected.
By Suicide Server Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 am
masada2502 wrote:

MBP 2.5 i5
8gb

confirm ,The same here!

What I did was load up the 809 plug-in(in the main track screen) ,open the gui and I found that when i go to the track program plug-in ,select the gui of said plugin (any fx compressor ,ect)the 809 plugin would appear....couldnt get the fx plugin to appear unless i close the 809 or any plugin previously selected.

its the same here and it seems to behave like this with every VST. Was fine in 1.1 but not any more.