MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DJ Hellfire Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:58 pm
toxicc wrote:Win7 x64, Intel i7 920, 6gb ram

I've chopped a wav song in 20 parts. The project file was loading when i was working on the choppings, but now it doesn't load correctly anymore. When i open the project, it is very slow to read the wav files and the software sometimes crashes. Once it finishes it's slow loading, when i hit pads the sounds only play in part. And if i go in sample edit i see only a part of the visual wave. Closing the software freezes/crashes it. The chopped wav files plays correctly when opening them in another software or adding them in a new project, so it's not too bad i will just create a new project with the chopped parts, but it would have been very annoying if i had done more work than chopping. There is nothing else in the project, no plugins, no nothing. Only pre-chopped 1 file in 20 parts for the purpose of rechopping them in smaller parts.

Here's a screenshot, the wav has sound from begining to the end in reality but in that corrupt/whatever project it plays/shows only half of it:

I reported this a while ago. They said it was because I was loading the sample from a networked computer/drive! Pete said he fixed it. We'll see in 1.3! 8)

The difference though is that it happened to me while loading a new sample, not loading an old project. Also, on the missing wavform, mine still played audio. Just couldn't see it!.
By toxicc Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 am
Looks like i either have an hard drive failure or the files are corrupted. Probably not a problem with the MPC software... I've tried to copy the files to my other hd but 1 wav file doesn't want to copy. Opening the project from the other hd works correctly
By Airyck Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:38 pm
Metatron72 wrote:
JAH wrote:
InspectahEX wrote:Sampling in through inputs 3 + 4 using spdif, the mpc converts my sample to mono and back to stereo, so I get a sample thats stereo but the left and right channel are identical.

Perhaps you are doing something wrong. Are you using a digital SPDIF cable or a cheap RCA cable?

If he used RCA cables on SPDIF he would have no sample period as no digital data would be sent on an analog cable. :roll:

Definitely not true, the signal is encoded into an "analog" series of voltage pulses which is then decoded back into digital audio on the other side. It doesn't matter if you use an RCA cable or specifically a SPDIF cable, one is just better quality than the other.
By toxicc Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:16 am
-Add an effect to pad 1
-Open the effect gui
-Press pad 1 to hear the sound
-Turn one of the qlinks to change the effect settings. It resets to 0 when you start turning the qlink.
By Aeroplane Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:37 am
Hi, just bought the Ren last week. I'm on Mac Pro 8 Core OSX 10.7.5 with 8Gb Ram

Here is what I found out in 3 days of working with it. Some issues are known maybe some other aren't.

- in Cubase 7 you can't resize de MPC PlugIn window. Just doesn't work, you have to work with the window size you get given. In Cubase 6.5 you can resize it fine.

- When you bounce down in Cubase or Pro Tools from the MPC Outputs the audio is shifted early. Seeems to be linked to Delay Compensation in those software.

- If you want to use a VST or AU plug in in different sequences, you have to open a new instance of that plug in for EVERY sequence. That is nuts, and will more likely make your system crash really quick. The VST or AU plugs should be available like MPC Programs are. You should just be able to route ANY sequence to only ONE instance. There is no other way to do it.

- The " Export as Audio Files " option is disabled in the plug in version. Why ? It would save so much time, and also make sure that the audio timing is neat and accurate as you would expect from the MPC. If you have to bounce through the DAW, you have to deal with DAW flaws in terms of timing and MIDI precision, wich is to me THE STRENGHT of the MPC.

- I use to be able to route MIDI out of the MPC Plugin straight into any MIDI Output I had available in my computer, without having to route MIDI to the DAW and then out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the output show up sometimes they don't ? If anybody knows about this, thx.

- The VINTAGE MODE doesn't save with the projects ? Everytime you open an old porject you have to figure out or remember what VINTAGE MODE you were working on, sometimes making stuff sound dramatically different. VINTAGE MODE needs to be SAVED WITH PROJECTS would it be in the plugin or standalone.

- As a plugin, when I open the Program Mixer or the Track Mixer is makes the audio slow down and bug. I close the MPC window and everything runs fine. The GUI of the MPC Plugin seems to **** up with the DAW host.

- Constant PADS double triggering ?! but yet doesn't record double notes. Weird.

- ALSO one question I can't find an answer to. What is handled INTERNALLY on the MPC REN ? Are the samples loaded INTO the machine ? Or just in the software with the REN controlling it ? ( as some glorified Midi Controller )
By QuickStrike Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:48 pm
:hmmm: Man this undo bug is killing my beats almost every time. If it does not make my ren crash it undo's to my first step of my beat instead of the last event. ill post a video soon.

Im running mac pro quad core 3.0
6gb ram
tb hard x4
OSX.10.6

By bearhead Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:00 am
I don't know if this has already been addressed on this thread, but there are two major problems I'm having with the Ren.

First problem is with exporting, which I addressed in another thread. So, no need to explain here.

Second problem I'm having is the pad mutes/track mutes. Whenever I'm doing a live session with the MPC, the screen will show the wrong pads muted, or the screen stays stuck on one set of pads, and you have to click it twice to go back to the first set of pads on the screen. It's really annoying because the light on the pad isn't on, but the pad on the screen is... I hope Akai fixes this soon. :x
By bearhead Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:16 pm
QuickStrike wrote::hmmm: Man this undo bug is killing my beats almost every time. If it does not make my ren crash it undo's to my first step of my beat instead of the last event. ill post a video soon.

6gb ram
tb hard x4
OSX.10.6

I feel your pain. I've been using command+z instead of the undo button.
By BOOMBAPXL Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 pm
Whenever I use the Proteus XV VST instrument in the Ren Software, it crashes soon after trying to play back some recorded notes.

FXPansion Tremor too, in almost the exact same circumstances:(

I also have the Emu Emulator X3 software which crashes the Akai MPC software as soon as I scan the plug-in.

All are unusable in v1.2.
Last edited by BOOMBAPXL on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By QuickStrike Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 pm
bearhead wrote:
QuickStrike wrote::hmmm: Man this undo bug is killing my beats almost every time. If it does not make my ren crash it undo's to my first step of my beat instead of the last event. ill post a video soon.

6gb ram
tb hard x4
OSX.10.6

I feel your pain. I've been using command+z instead of the undo button.

So is that the work around to the undo button. Ill try that today!
By HiiMasta Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:47 pm
SUGGESTION AND BUG TO FIX (could be an easy task)

MIDI AUDIO ASSIGNABLE OUTPUT FOR RENDERING AND EXPORTING.
''when i export , i choose render output 1,2, but it doesn't not export the audio , where my Sound Module is connected to the Sound Card an MAIN output is 1,2.

EXPORTING < Instrument > Midi
< MIDI PORT > A
suggest* < Output i/o should be able shown and able to select>
my sound module is plugged into sound car 5,6
< but when i export it should export all my i/o from my sound card and from the main 1, 2 when sleecting the EXPORT OPTION.

and so EACH MIDI will hav a AUDIO TRACK to export

Co64-bit 8 Intel Core i7 930 2.83 GHz
PROFIRE 2626
By JAH Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:57 pm
HiiMasta wrote:SUGGESTION AND BUG TO FIX (could be an easy task)

''when i export , i choose render output 1,2, but it doesn't not export the audio , where my Sound Module is connected to the Sound Card an MAIN output is 1,2.

< MIDI PORT > A
< but when i export it should export all my i/o from my sound card and from the main 1, 2 when sleecting the EXPORT OPTION.

PROFIRE 2626

This is not a bug. This is not understanding how this function works combined with a feature request.
By HiiMasta Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:32 pm
JAH wrote:

< MIDI PORT > A

PROFIRE 2626

This is not a bug. This is not understanding how this function works combined with a feature request.

I kno you can export using sample rec. now im using a external sound card , and i have enable the input monitor in sample rec, now i can see that the midi triggers the audio in the MPC REN Software as the audio signal is moving while the sequence is playing, now if i choose to export and select render OUT 1 and 2, and should RENDER THE AUDIO FROM my external sound card
By JAH Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:22 pm
HiiMasta wrote:
JAH wrote:

< MIDI PORT > A

PROFIRE 2626

I kno you can export using sample rec. now im using a external sound card , and i have enable the input monitor in sample rec, now i can see that the midi triggers the audio in the MPC REN Software as the audio signal is moving while the sequence is playing, now if i choose to export and select render OUT 1 and 2, and should RENDER THE AUDIO FROM my external sound card

The Ren can sample audio from the inputs of your sound card. Mixdown is different. It mixes down/render audio from it's mixer not your sound card.