MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By HiiMasta Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:38 pm
The Audio MIXDOWN should be the audio FROM your I/O ? no? if i am plugging my MPC into I/O with External has my MAIN AUDIO CARD, why wouldn't it not MIXDOWN THE AUDIO FROM my Main of audio/SOund card as it is setup in my Preferences..

it can render the INPUTS OF MPC which is in (input 3-4) ( because i can hear my drums) but not render, or mixOUT input 5-6 which my KORG M3 Keyboard during the EXPORT of OUTPUT 1-2 ??
i dont get how or what is preventing? to export the audio from the sound card
By JAH Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:14 pm
HiiMasta wrote:The Audio MIXDOWN should be the audio FROM your I/O ? no? if i am plugging my MPC into I/O with External has my MAIN AUDIO CARD, why wouldn't it not MIXDOWN THE AUDIO FROM my Main of audio/SOund card as it is setup in my Preferences..

it can render the INPUTS OF MPC which is in (input 3-4) ( because i can hear my drums) but not render, or mixOUT input 5-6 which my KORG M3 Keyboard during the EXPORT of OUTPUT 1-2 ??

The Ren mixes down/renders from its track mixer...nothing more or less. It has nothing to do with your sound card. Unless you can get audio into the Track Mixer, you won't be able to render audio from an external source.
By HiiMasta Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:31 pm
JAH wrote:
HiiMasta wrote:The Audio MIXDOWN should be the audio FROM your I/O ? no? if i am plugging my MPC into I/O with External has my MAIN AUDIO CARD, why wouldn't it not MIXDOWN THE AUDIO FROM my Main of audio/SOund card as it is setup in my Preferences..

The Ren mixes down/renders from its track mixer...nothing more or less. It has nothing to do with your sound card. Unless you can get audio into the Track Mixer, you won't be able to render audio from an external source.

Now i See and Understand!... than whats the best way(obviously the easy way is out of question) to mix down the audio from my keyboard from an multi timbal (16 midi ch) and export the song?

***Suggestion** the track mixer should has i/o support to export from the sound card :cry:
By JAH Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:42 pm
HiiMasta wrote:
JAH wrote:

Now i See and Understand!... than whats the best way(obviously the easy way is out of question) to mix down the audio from my keyboard from an multi timbal (16 midi ch) and export the song?

***Suggestion** the track mixer should has i/o support to export from the sound card :cry:

Use a DAW to record audio is the best way. You can also try resampling your keyboard and insert it on a pad.

The track mixer will most likely not see I/O from your sound card unless Akai adds audio tracks.
By Xfile Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 pm
UPDATE:
Problem fixed. Simply Re-install MPC drivers. No need to even re-install software.

Hello all,

Software and hardware specs:
Akai Software: ver 1.0.0.8
Comp: Macbook Pro Ret / 16gm ram / 2.7ghz Intel core i7
Input: Soundcraft EFX8 (main input from which all else is sampled. )

SAMPLES ARE SILENT. They are present, playing, but unhearable, across various beats.

So, I just got my MPC renaissance, and made about 5 beats. I have been having a problem today when I turned my rig on to add some more to a couple beats and realized my samples are not playing.

They are there, and I can see the sample waveforms and everything.

Files are good. I cannot hear hte samples when i play the beat, and cannot even preview them from the software, however, the files and waveforms are on the hardware and software, and visible.

Nothing is muted, all gains and levels good. I cannot understand why I cannot hear them.

I decided to work on another beat, loaded it and it was perfect. I left the machine on for about an hr and came back, hit play, and the samples cannot be heard.

I am using a macbook pro with 16gb ram.

In the Software, if I preview the sample, I can see the levels moving, but not hear anything.

Also I cannot hear in Sample Rec mode either. Although the meter is moving. This really seems buggy to me.

Please help. Thanks.
Last edited by Xfile on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bearhead Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 pm
A new problem has recently emerged. Now, sometimes my samples will disappear, and then the entire track goes silent. So then I'll have to quit the program, and turn off the MPC. Then when I get back into the project, a few pads have the wrong samples on them. It's so frustrating. I mean, yeah... It's an MPC and all, but I find my MPK mini to be of much more use (because it kind of is).
By Mikél Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 pm
BEATS, SAMPLES, SEQUENCES MISSING....

Im having problems opening projects with the MPC Studio. I spend a few hours messing around with a beat, then save the project. When I go to re-open there are chunks missing, samples missing, sequences missing - like it hasnt saved properly.

Ive tried opening the project from within the MPC software (rather than just clicking on it - as someone suggested) but still the same problems

INTEL MACBOOK PRO
MAC OSX 10.7.5
By bearhead Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:46 pm
Another problem. What a surprise...

There are pad mutes that are automated in the first part of the 6th sequence on the kick and snare. No matter which sequence I use in that spot, the kick and snare disappears in the mixdown, and then other mutes appear in playback in the MPC software. How the hell do you delete pad mutes? I've looked EVERYWHERE.
By JAH Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:15 pm
bearhead wrote:Another problem. What a surprise...

There are pad mutes that are automated in the first part of the 6th sequence on the kick and snare. No matter which sequence I use in that spot, the kick and snare disappears in the mixdown, and then other mutes appear in playback in the MPC software. How the hell do you delete pad mutes? I've looked EVERYWHERE.

Based upon what you wrote, it doesnt sound like a bug. Sounds like you are having difficulty deleting Pad Mutes. Have you tried Pad Mute or Track View modes to delete pad mute events?
By bearhead Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:38 pm
JAH wrote:

Based upon what you wrote, it doesnt sound like a bug. Sounds like you are having difficulty deleting Pad Mutes. Have you tried Pad Mute or Track View modes to delete pad mute events?

Yeah, I looked in track view, and there was no automation under "Mutes". So, I looked at the pad mute section, and still nothing. The weird thing is, you can't see the mutes until that sequence comes up. I rigged it through Soundflower, and then just cut and pasted that part unmuted. But still, for $1300, this should be happening. I never recorded any automation, which is the weird thing. I didn't touch the pad mutes on this beat.

Oh, and I apologize for the first message sending twice.
By JAH Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:53 pm
I'll create a thread a little later regarding how to use pad/track mutes.
By JAH Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:15 pm
bearhead wrote:
JAH wrote:

Yeah, I looked in track view, and there was no automation under "Mutes". So, I looked at the pad mute section, and still nothing. The weird thing is, you can't see the mutes until that sequence comes up. I rigged it through Soundflower, and then just cut and pasted that part unmuted. But still, for $1300, this should be happening. I never recorded any automation, which is the weird thing. I didn't touch the pad mutes on this beat.

Oh, and I apologize for the first message sending twice.

Enter Pad Mute Mode. Select RT Pad Mute in the Automation Lane. This will display any Pad Mute automation on a track. You should be able to select/lasso these events and press delete on your keyboard to erase. You can also use Eraser tool (Alt on a Mac) and use it to erase these vents. Also Rec + Playstart while in Pad Mute Mode will also erase these events. Finally, using Erase button and selecting Erase Except Note will also erase Pad Mute events.

Note that if you use the same program in multiple tracks and then use Pad Mute on any Track, it will impact all tracks you use this program in. Yet the pad mute events will only be displayed on the one track.
By bearhead Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:51 am
JAH wrote:Enter Pad Mute Mode. Select RT Pad Mute in the Automation Lane. This will display any Pad Mute automation on a track. You should be able to select/lasso these events and press delete on your keyboard to erase. You can also use Eraser tool (Alt on a Mac) and use it to erase these vents. Also Rec + Playstart while in Pad Mute Mode will also erase these events. Finally, using Erase button and selecting Erase Except Note will also erase Pad Mute events.

Note that if you use the same program in multiple tracks and then use Pad Mute on any Track, it will impact all tracks you use this program in. Yet the pad mute events will only be displayed on the one track.

Thanks for the thorough response. That seemed to fix the problem. I'm not sure how the pad mutes got there, though... :shock:

Oh, and since I'm here, I'd also like to mention something about the pads. Whenever I'm laying down drums (I like the no-quantize feel) sometimes the pads will double trigger. Is this a fault in the hardware/software or am I just bad at playing the MPC?
By JAH Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:29 am
bearhead wrote:
JAH wrote:Enter Pad Mute Mode. Select RT Pad Mute in the Automation Lane. This will display any Pad Mute automation on a track. You should be able to select/lasso these events and press delete on your keyboard to erase. You can also use Eraser tool (Alt on a Mac) and use it to erase these vents. Also Rec + Playstart while in Pad Mute Mode will also erase these events. Finally, using Erase button and selecting Erase Except Note will also erase Pad Mute events.

Thanks for the thorough response. That seemed to fix the problem. I'm not sure how the pad mutes got there, though... :shock:

Oh, and since I'm here, I'd also like to mention something about the pads. Whenever I'm laying down drums (I like the no-quantize feel) sometimes the pads will double trigger. Is this a fault in the hardware/software or am I just bad at playing the MPC?

You can adjust pad sensitivity in Preferences to see if that will help.