MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:10 pm
Lets drop the bug reports here.

I'll start with a bug I found when adding a slice in Sample Editor.
If you open it, and add a slice, the slice marker appears right where you double clicked (on the arrow), until you move a slice manually. Afterward, added slices appear directly to the left of the arrow.

MBP 10.6.8 8gb ram
Last edited by IMAKEMADBEATS on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Clint Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm
Just a reminder.

MPC-Tutor wrote:For anyone bug reporting, it is VITAL that you include your system specs, and don't expect anyone to trawl through your previous posts to find that out. If you want bugs fixed, report them properly and it stands more of a chance of being taken seriously.

To report a bug the minimum info needed is:

MPC Software version
Operating system & version
Any other specs that may be relevant (e.g. audio interface and drivers used when dealing with audio issues, VST details and version etc)

Step by step reproduction, i.e.

1) 'File > New Project'
2) Load sample from browser by dragging to program
etc etc.

You may also be expected to provide error messages and screenshots, plus example files you were loading - bundle them into a zip and upload to mediafire or similar. The more details you give, the more likely a fix will be made.

But remember this is not official support for Akai, so don't start getting all shirty because one of the volunteers here is offering to report the bug on your behalf. This forum is not here to vent your anger at Akai over bugs. Ultimately you should report the bug directly to Akai through their official support system.
By Mitchlw Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 pm
-MPC Renaissance 1.3
-Windows 8 64bit, 8GB DDR, Intel Core i7

Hey,

I think i found a BUG.
When i Save my project which is at 88 BPM and load it again afterwards the Sequence says 88BPM but the MPC master track is running at 120 BPM (default)

It occurs when i load my project from the desktop AND from inside 1.3 (load recent project).

Mitch.
By TT_Lab Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:12 pm
MPC Software 1.3
Ren Hardware
WIN 8 64bits
8GB Ram
QuadCore e6600

Extreme values in Akai plugin knobs are difficult to get to, Hardware and Software. And in hardaware creates inconsistent values as oposed to the Software
Gonna try later at home with the studio to see if I get the same problem as with the Ren
By pk1 Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 pm
Im having quite allot of my Ren Proj not loading. i can load track manually by going into project folder and individually loading seq/prog's then when i attempt to load .xal from inside project folder i get the freeze up again. seems the update is corrupted my recent project files made with ren

By foge1 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:24 pm
Macosx10.7.4
2.67Ghz i7 macbook pro
REN OS1.3

Bug
Load a keygroup program
Now go to keygroup select menu and choose ALL
Choose a program parameter for example change filter type only changes on one keygrp i.e. the ALL selection doesn't work.

Return to keygrp menu select a single keygrp
Then select keygrp ALL
Now it works

I can repeat this bug nine times out of ten.

Geoff
By foge1 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 pm
Macosx10.7.4
2.67Ghz i7 macbook pro
REN OS1.3

Go to chop shop
Set regions to 3
Turn link OFF

Go to region 3 adjust start point.
At some point during adjustment
x1 control
and
x10 control get stuck and cease to be able to adjust start point

Also graphics on the MPC software running on the computer start point is fixed and doesn't move with hardware.

Had other random problems in chop shop in this area.
Hardware freezing
Other q-link controls stop working.

I can reproduce this error.

G
By IMAKEMADBEATS Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 pm
The response to moving the Q Links to adjust which channels you're routing to in either your Program Mix or your Track Mix is extremely slow/laggy. It's virtually unusable with the Qlinks, and can only effectively be adjusted by selecting outputs via the software or using the cursor to select a channel or pad and using the data wheel to set the output.

MBP 10.6.8 8gb Ram

Hellfire tried this first, he has the same problem.
By DJ Hellfire Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 pm
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:The response to moving the Q Links to adjust which channels you're routing to in either your Program Mix or your Track Mix is extremely slow/laggy. It's virtually unusable with the Qlinks, and can only effectively be adjusted by selecting outputs via the software or using the cursor to select a channel or pad and using the data wheel to set the output.

MBP 10.6.8 8gb Ram

Hellfire tried this first, he has the same problem.

Yes! I call it The Wheel Of Fortune. Turn the q link really fast and watch the led catch up. Terrible! Better than in pre 1.3, but still not ideal!
By jigdagod Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:15 am
Mitchlw wrote:-MPC Renaissance 1.3
-Windows 8 64bit, 8GB DDR, Intel Core i7

Hey,

I think i found a BUG.
When i Save my project which is at 88 BPM and load it again afterwards the Sequence says 88BPM but the MPC master track is running at 120 BPM (default)

It occurs when i load my project from the desktop AND from inside 1.3 (load recent project).

Mitch.

I just had the same issue when I created a new track and tried to reopen it from load recent and from the folder.

I just tried to open a track that I had already made and it reset my tempo for that back to 120 as well. This is gonna suck until they release an update for that.

MPC Renaissance 1.3
-Windows 7 64bit, 8GB DDR, Intel Core 2
Last edited by jigdagod on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.