MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By JAH Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:46 am
comtox wrote:Effect don't get min/max values if q-link is moved to fast.

JAH wrote:This is not a bug......it is working as designed and is described in the manual.

If I get it right, We must set the Midi channel volume corresponding to Kontakt to have the desired volume ? Nice to know :popcorn: Why Midi volume isn't inactive by default and turn active when moved ? Like in some DAW.

You got it. That is how it is implemented in 1.3.1. Of course there have been requests to change this. Akai has been known to listen to input regarding how the Ren operates.....
By JAH Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:57 am
A lot of 1.3 and 1.3.1 bugs are being addressed in 1.4.

And as always.....if you find a bug in the Ren/Studio and want it quickly addressed...please leave specific details here and/or Akai's technical support forum. You can never give too many details. Step by step repro of bugs, videos, crash logs, etc are very useful.
By Funk Zanta Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 am
Hi everyone Am I making something wrong on my MPC Ren? When I Exort an Song as an WAV-File (or MP3 or Aiff) everytime theres a Clipping. If I go to the Programm mixer and adjust the volume under 50 than it still clipps. The Same Thing happens when I adjust the Volume of every track under 20.
Whats the Reason for this, Am I making something wrong?
For now when i want to export a song i have too figure it out and thats a big time eater.
after an hour of trying the Song still Clipps and i cant change much more on the volumes every track are now around by 10 - 15 % and it still clipps.
What about an Master Volume for Exporting where I can adjust the Volume for the complete Song?
By JAH Sun May 05, 2013 12:59 pm
Funk Zanta wrote:Hi everyone Am I making something wrong on my MPC Ren? When I Exort an Song as an WAV-File (or MP3 or Aiff) everytime theres a Clipping. If I go to the Programm mixer and adjust the volume under 50 than it still clipps. The Same Thing happens when I adjust the Volume of every track under 20.
Whats the Reason for this, Am I making something wrong?
For now when i want to export a song i have too figure it out and thats a big time eater.
after an hour of trying the Song still Clipps and i cant change much more on the volumes every track are now around by 10 - 15 % and it still clipps.
What about an Master Volume for Exporting where I can adjust the Volume for the complete Song?

What is happening is that all your Tracks are routed to Outs 1,2. And it is easy to produce distortion with a lot or even a few tracks when mixing down. The level knob to the right of the Transport in the software does not impact the mix down; turning it up or down has no effect. The level meter to the right of that knob can be confusing. When you turn down the level knob, you will see that it impacts the level meter.....but not the Export Mixdown. When you adjust the Track Mixer, it will also impact this level meter. The difference being the Track Mixer does have an effect on the Export Mixdown.

Clear as mud?

A solution is...if you want to create a Mixdown within the Ren, you should probably find a good Level Meter plugin (there are free ones on the internet). Then insert this into one of the Master FX slots. This way you can monitor the levels of all your tracks routed to the Master (Outputs 1,2...for example). Inserting a Limiter and/or Compressor in the other Master FX slots will also solve your issue.

or

Just turn the Level knob to max volume and leave it alone. Then adjust your Track and/or Program Mixer levels paying attention to the Level Meter to the right of the Level knob. If the Level meter doesn't go in the 'Red' you should probably have no distortion.
By JAH Sun May 19, 2013 2:42 am
gizlee wrote:When I bounce out all tracks as individual tracks it skips track4 and only bounces track1,2,3 and 5 but not the fourth, this is pretty anoying right now

What is Track 4's Type? MIDI, Plugin, Drum, Keygroup?
By Jive Talking Robot Mon May 20, 2013 1:31 pm
Just adding this to list so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

In 1.3.1, setting Layer Play to Cycle or Random will trigger samples at Full Level regardless of whether [FULL LEVEL] is activated or not. The samples should recognize velocity like they do on the hardware MPCs.

Please see my thread viewtopic.php?f=36&t=165926 and 83dude's thread viewtopic.php?f=36&t=161801
for more details.

Thanks!
By Airyck Wed May 22, 2013 10:06 pm
Probably already posted but I wanted to report anyway.

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 VST crashes the MPC software on loading every time.
Sucks because there are quite a few good plugins that use the Guitar rig shell that I'm unable to use.

OS X 10.8.3

2.7 GHz intel Core i5

4 GB 133 MHz DDR3 ram

iMac 27inch Mid 2011 model
By Airyck Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:36 pm
When the sequencer is in scroll mode vs. page mode.

In page mode, if you click on a position in the bars while the sequencer is stopped it goes to that bar. When in scroll mode if you click on a bar it rarely goes to that bar, most of the time it jumps to some random position before or after it. Occasionally it will go to the bar you click on.

This happens every time.

Can someone confirm this bug?
By Jazzyspoon Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:51 pm
Probably been addressed already, but I can't be bothered to look through this whole thread. As a vst inside Cubase 7 64bit, I get regular re-draw issues with the UI. When i first load it, it looks fine, but after I close it and try to reopen it (especially after hitting play), the editor inside Cubase just comes back up as a blank box. All attempts to get it re-drawn by closing it, changing settings within Cubase, or lowering the amount of CPU load in the project seems to be futile. The Ren itself seems to still be mostly functional, but if I push too much from this point, I'll crash the vst-bridge and have to restart one or both Ren and Cubase.
This is repeatable and definitely a deal breaker for getting this thing into my current productions. hoping 64 bit will help resolve this.

Window 7 64bit i7 16gig
Cubase 7 64 bit
Steinberg MR816x
By Airyck Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:47 pm
The Cubase VST bridge has always been notoriously buggy, compound that with a buggy MPC software and it's a recipe for compete and utter annihilation of your sanity.

I'm going to go ahead and say that it will only get better with a 64bit version of the plugin.
By DSTR / deStar Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:10 pm
Hi,

Here is an example where the Pad Banks don't change as they should using my hand AND my footswitch:

You can clearly see at 0:26 that I change from Pad Bank A to Pad Bank B (with my footswitch). On the hardware, the light goes from A to B, and then immediately goes back to A. On the software, the light goes to B, but as you can see and hear, the Pad Bank is STILL on A.

After the fourth try in a row of attempting to change to Pad Bank B (with the footswitch), it finally works at 0:42 and the light on the hardware finally goes to B. On the software, the light remains on B, and you see the samples changing on the pads.

At 1:02, I change to Pad Bank A (with my hand), but it still doesn't work. Again, the light on the hardware goes from B to A, then right back to B again. On the software, the light goes to A, but you can SEE that the samples on the pads are STILL the ones from Pad Bank B.

After numerous attempts (still with my hand), at 1:11, the Pad Bank finally switches to A.

Listen: I have shows starting in a few weeks. I've been waiting for this MAJOR bug to be fixed for 4 months now. FOUR MONTHS!

I can't perform like this. It's pathetic. I waste my time trying to find workarounds, but now, at the eve of showtime, I'm freaking out.

PLEASE FIX THIS NNNNNNOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW.

Chris.
By tonemelle Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 pm
this crashing while saving bullshit needs to stop!!!!It's like it saves properly when it feels like it!! I can only imagine how annoying the auto save is gonna be if this thing keeps crashing while saving manually smh..I hope Akai gets to the bottom of these basic function fiascos. this costs time and $$$$.
I hope Akai really takes this into consideration...
Last edited by tonemelle on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.