MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By x-straktor Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:48 am
This bug has existed ever since the Renaissance was released. I do love that when you make your sample really big for precise editing, when you use your q-links, it will zoom to the start point or the end point of the sample region when in either chop or trim modes. This does not work when you have link slices turned off in chop mode, so that needs to be fixed.
By x-straktor Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:59 am
Another bug that needs to be fixed is the fact that every feature will fail on you now. At least before you knew which few features would fail all the time. Now every single thing you can do, every feature will fail on you some of the time. The feature failed will work again after you restart the program. That is time consuming because of course you're gonna keep retrying thinking it must be you who's doing something wrong. My list of failing features is too long to list, but I'll tell you this, none of these features have every failed on me before until I updated to 1.3 and 1.3.1. To me, the software is going backwards as far as stability. I've never seen anything like this. I might as well use a MPC 2500 instead of the Renaissance. 1.3.1 is not an update if workflow is a lot slower now because something will fail in the software guaranteed.
By jpers Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:23 am
well guys i sold my maschine mk2 to buy a Ren but after this i think im gonna buy a maschine back never had problems with it but dont like the controler from maschine ... software from akai sucks big time
.... :fku: akai
By Jazzyspoon Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:59 pm
Okay, so I played with the sync dialog in the software and it seems to be playing nice for now, so I can't recreate the sync issue. I would say, for now, that's fixed. I still get crashes/hangs now and then, but I think a majority of these issues will be resolved with a 64 bit update. Cubase's jbridge is a known weakspot, so it's hard to hold MPC ren solely responsible for jbridge crashing.
I will say that I love this machine and as I learn the deeper functions of the software/hardware, the more excited I am to use it in a live situation. I will wait for the next update before trying that.
By TT_Lab Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:19 am
jpers wrote:well guys i sold my maschine mk2 to buy a Ren but after this i think im gonna buy a maschine back never had problems with it but dont like the controler from maschine ... software from akai sucks big time
.... :fku: akai

User bug maybe?
By chumchum Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:08 pm
x-straktor wrote:I have a great suggestions. How about have the Renaissance be able to do everything that the MPC 2500 can do. How is it possible that the latest and greatest MPC can't do everything that the older MPCs can do. That's just mind boggling and bass ackwards. Totally inexcusable for them to get on camera and say they didn't think that people would want step edit, so they left it out. A feature they've been putting in all MPCs for the last 15 years or so and they just decided "Well, I think the people don't want that anymore. Step edit is the main reason I bought the Renaissance. It's the main reason why a lot of DAW based producers smashed their NI Maschines, because it lacked that midi editing capability that we needed. Then we read the old MPC manuals, and we were like "Step edit!!! Finally we have a product that is truly the best of both worlds as far as a drum machine with DAW midi editing capabilities while being powered by a personal computer. I might as well own an MPC 2500, 5000, or 1000. Even the MPC 2000 and 3000 has step edit.

I Fully agree !!!
I Still in shock it can't do midi sync master/slave :(.
By JAH Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:46 pm
chumchum wrote:I Fully agree !!!
I Still in shock it can't do midi sync master/slave :(.

You have to stick with what you have if the Ren's current feature set doesn't meet your needs.

But you are incorrect as it does Send (Master) MIDI Clock and MTC. And when it is used as a plugin, it is slaved to your DAW.
By IamDannyHoliday Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:55 pm
tonemelle wrote:Everytime I pull up Nexus on the MPC Software, it crashes. Anybody here experience this same issue?

finally figured a way around using my nexus because mine was crashing also. 1.4 using mac.

What i did was delete my xpansion packs out of the nexus content folder. also went through the content folders and deleted any sound or preset that started with x as an xpansion. which i didn't use anyway and now it works fine as a vst. however as a au the notes stick.

hope this helped
By third Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:47 pm
I said this before, but i can't stress this enough, AKAI PLEASE FIX THE PLUG IN VOLUME SO IT DOESN'T KEEP TURNING UP BY ITSELF WHEN I CLOSE IT! ESPECIALLY with Spectrasonics Trillian. IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
By Modrogomusic Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:25 pm
Have not really run into any bugs untill update 1.31, it is minor and i cant really get it to happen at will as it is inconsistent yet there. when i am in trim sample page the lower part of screen seems to be partially blanked out, like if the blanked out portion is a thin invisible line across bottom page , i can still work as i remeber where edit button etc is but it seems like a bug. any one can relate to this??

system specs
win 7 pro os on 120 gb ssd
8-core amd 3630
32gb 1600 ram
1tb seagate 7200 rpm black hd for data

toy chest:
motif xf 61
roland xv5080 w 4 srx exp
mpc 5000, mpc ren, mpc 3000, akai s950
allen & heath zedr16
maudio 25 key
avalon 747
beyer dynamic dt 990
prs 24 stret
giovanni lp congas, 3
event asp8, tannoy reveal 6.5
numerous out board gear in rack, for tweaking etc.. hee hee hee

2 techincs 1200 mk2 w shure m447 when getting sratch on, ortofon concord elektro for mixing
ecler nuo 2.0
allen & heath 53 cans
By Jazzyspoon Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:46 pm
I am getting a lot of UI redraw problems using the MPC as a plug in in Cubase 7. Again, I believe this will be less of an issue in the 64 bit version, as some of my other VST's that did this stopped when they went 64. But when I open up the UI in Cubase, it is often a blank box with no accessible controls. This is repeatable for me, but only if there is a loaded project in the MPC. Hopefully, access to greater memory and core power will free this machine up.
Having a blast with this machine, though. :)

All of my current software and drivers are 100% up to date.
win 7 pro 64 bit
i7 8 core 16gig
Cubase 7 64 bit
By AidenBradley Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 pm
Having a problem with Kontakt 4. Everytime I press playstart it pushes the volume of the first piano instrument. If I press Play...the volume will stay where I set it.

OSX 10.8.3
8GB Ram
By comtox Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:09 pm
Jazzyspoon wrote:I am getting a lot of UI redraw problems using the MPC as a plug in in Cubase 7.

I have the same Issue and found a Fix, just load the plugin / Turn off your Ren-Studio / Turn it on again / the LCD won't show errors at all.

Akai Fix It please !
By JAH Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:27 pm
AidenBradley wrote:Having a problem with Kontakt 4. Everytime I press playstart it pushes the volume of the first piano instrument. If I press Play...the volume will stay where I set it.

OSX 10.8.3
8GB Ram

That is because you inserted Kontakt 4 on a Track which sends MIDI Volume and Pan CC messages to the plugin. Upon Play Start, the current level of the Track Mixer is sent to the plugin. Your plugin's volume is most likely set at 0 dB with at least +6 dB of headroom. Since the Ren's mixer is max'd by default....it will send max volume to your plugin causing it to immediately jump from 0 dB to +6 dB...thus results in the behavior you are experiencing.

This is not a bug......it is working as designed and is described in the manual.
By comtox Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:32 pm
Effect don't get min/max values if q-link is moved to fast.

JAH wrote:This is not a bug......it is working as designed and is described in the manual.

If I get it right, We must set the Midi channel volume corresponding to Kontakt to have the desired volume ? Nice to know :popcorn: Why Midi volume isn't inactive by default and turn active when moved ? Like in some DAW.