MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.

quantised resampling

100%
N/A
By apricotandpearjam Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:15 pm
i think this is a feature which would be great.

if you are using plugins or external synths/samplers it would be nice to resample in to a quantised bar length?

even better... being able to do this automatically and have the MPC create a new track/program for you with that audio on it.

let me know what you think using the poll.
By Airyck Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:52 pm
I agree it takes a few more steps to sample and then align your note so it plays back the same way, especially if the audio doesn't start on the first down beat.
By son of man Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:37 pm
son of man wrote:finally, there could be an option to trigger sampling/resampling by either pressing a pad or sequencer start. that way if someone adds EFX to a pad, they could resample it without affecting the attack of the sample (as is the case with the threshold trigger since there is no pre-record option). there could also be an option to stop sampling/resampling based on a user-defined number of beats. this would ensure the resampled pad sequence looped perfectly without any sample editing.
By JAH Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:45 am
apricotandpearjam wrote:i think this is a feature which would be great.

if you are using plugins or external synths/samplers it would be nice to resample in to a quantised bar length?

even better... being able to do this automatically and have the MPC create a new track/program for you with that audio on it.

let me know what you think using the poll.

Sounds like a nice idea. What do you suggest the work flow should look like....meaning how should it be implemented exactly?