MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By JAH Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:46 pm
MaZe wrote:
JAH wrote:
MaZe wrote:^
i RMA'd my Maschine so you might be right. I don't even remember. The sequencer on that joint took me all the way out of my zone. I'm all 4K everything right now. Ren is in a box too. Akai has 30 days. It's still 4K over everything. Probably not even possible for the Ren to touch the 4K.

I'll trade you my MPC 4000 for your Ren that is sitting in a box. There is no use for us to have MPCs we barely touch.

I'll trade you my Ren for your MPC 3000LE since I assume you aren't touching that one either and the Ren is a far superior machine than the 3000 anyway, right?

MPC 3000LE, the finest MPC ever built, will never leave my possession.

But the original offer still stands. If the Ren is useless and sitting in a box.....I'll take it off your hands and give you the more functional MPC 4000. Real talk. I'm not joking.
By MaZe Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:57 pm
Do you have a 2500 and 1000? I'll trade you my Ren for the 2500 + 1000. Used value for both of those machines is about the same as a brand new Ren.

And that's real talk. Let me know. I'll do that ASAP.
By JAH Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:35 pm
I am only offering an MPC 4000 that some claim is so great. I wouldn't trade my MPC 2500 for an MPC 4000.
By MaZe Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:44 pm
JAH wrote:I am only offering an MPC 4000 that some claim is so great. I wouldn't trade my MPC 2500 for an MPC 4000.

LOL
By JAH Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:59 pm
MaZe wrote:
JAH wrote:I am only offering an MPC 4000 that some claim is so great. I wouldn't trade my MPC 2500 for an MPC 4000.

LOL

So I assume that you don't want to take me up on this offer....

Your MPC Ren that is sitting in a box...for my awesome, powerful MPC 4000.
By MaZe Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:24 am
^Im fine with my awesome and powerful 4000. Besides, my Ren is going back this week anyway. Thanks anyway.
By JAH Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:30 am
MaZe wrote:^Im fine with my awesome and powerful 4000. Besides, my Ren is going back this week anyway. Thanks anyway.

Let me know if you change your mind.
By MaZe Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 am
JAH wrote:
MaZe wrote:^Im fine with my awesome and powerful 4000. Besides, my Ren is going back this week anyway. Thanks anyway.

Let me know if you change your mind.

Again, I'm good thanks. But seeing as how I'm going to have all that Ren $ back in my account, I'm going to dabble in a little 2500 + JJOS.
By JAH Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:34 am
I'll keep the offer open though.
By andreat668 Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:35 am
If you said this to me 3 days ago I would accept ur offer instantly.

After 2 days rolling the Ren inside PT 10 (without sleeping) I may say I'm done, I almost got my workflow inside the box.

It's not like the hw mp but is something I figure it out and now the positives aspects start to really shine, much more than the drawbacks.

If I hadn't PT I would accept an offer like this, to me standalone the renaissance is not so good and as plug in in logic you can't route midi, in Ableton there's so much latency going on.

Anyway I'm sure in couple of years akai is going to drop the developing of the software.

And honestly I don't understand all this hype a bouts maschine, had it from 2009 until last October and after 5 years of development the sequencer still less capable then ren's one.

I mean I would expect much more from a company like NI (fm8, reaktor, absynth, etc...)

Imho to me With the mk2 and 1.8 they clearly stated that they want just milk us and drop the ball as soon as possible.
By JAH Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:38 am
Has it gone unnoticed that the MPC Ren/Studio has received more updates in a short period of time (bug fixes, new features) than any hardware MPC (excluding the JJ OS)? With the ability to update the software and potential to charge for future major revisions of the software...I see support lasting much longer than hardware MPCs. Only time will tell.