MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By HiiMasta Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:29 pm
AUTO DETECT TEMPO?

does it even have it im not sure?>

if not will it have it?

(multi tempo recognize ) would be great :nod:
By grinchmob Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm
HiiMasta wrote:AUTO DETECT TEMPO?

does it even have it im not sure?>

if not will it have it?

(multi tempo recognize ) would be great :nod:

This would be super helpful for quick time stretching.
By justineastwick Wed May 01, 2013 5:08 pm
Yeah, I totally agree - the new MPCs should be able to detect the tempo of a sample or song automatically.
By MPD MPK RAY Wed May 01, 2013 5:40 pm
justineastwick wrote:Yeah, I totally agree - the new MPCs should be able to detect the tempo of a sample or song automatically.

:popcorn:

the natives are restless Akai.

we want Ableton to give us booty: we just gave them head!!!!

Akai APC to PUSH huh?
By Ill-Green Wed May 01, 2013 8:24 pm
Not even hardware MPCs could detect bpm. Akai should think about the dj/groove producers for once instead of keyboard players.
By MaZe Wed May 01, 2013 8:36 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Not even hardware MPCs could detect bpm. Akai should think about the dj/groove producers for once instead of keyboard players.

Can't speak for any other hardware MPC but the MPC 4000 does. I thought that every hardware MPC after and including the MPC 2000XL did this?
By Roots Renegade Wed May 01, 2013 8:48 pm
I was about to reply too. Yes, both 1000 and 2500 can detect tempo, in the time stretch window.

MaZe wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Not even hardware MPCs could detect bpm. Akai should think about the dj/groove producers for once instead of keyboard players.

Can't speak for any other hardware MPC but the MPC 4000 does. I thought that every hardware MPC after and including the MPC 2000XL did this?
By MaZe Wed May 01, 2013 8:51 pm
RootsRenegade wrote:I was about to reply too. Yes, both 1000 and 2500 can detect tempo, in the time stretch window.

Yep. That's one place to get it. The other, at least on the 4000, is in the loop screen. Set a loop, go to the END field, flip the dial until it says BPM, adjust the beats, and done.
By Mike Boogie Wed May 01, 2013 9:26 pm
MaZe wrote:

Even the 4k's method is very primitive at best. It works by dividing the sample rate by the amount of beats YOU suggest. It is "spotty" at best, but it get the job done.
By MaZe Wed May 01, 2013 9:29 pm
Mike Boogie wrote:Even the 4k's method is very primitive at best. It works by dividing the sample rate by the amount of beats YOU suggest. It is "spotty" at best, but it get the job done.

Oh, I agree. It's definitely not the best but it gets you close enough and it gets the job done. I don't have the Ren anymore but I couldn't find any option for this because I don't think it exists. Of course, you could always do the tried and true tap tempo method. That has worked since forever. BUT I can see why many people would want this in the Ren.
By JAH Fri May 03, 2013 12:10 am
The MPC 2000 and 2000XL were the first MPCs to detect tempo. They work flawlessly in my opinion. Every MPC after that either has this function missing or has it but doesm't work properly.