MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By funkycoldmedina Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 am
I'm a lifelong MPC user, but pretty new to using the Studio. Does anyone else think its insanely retarded that we have to use the q-links for so many things in the program modes? How about the old classic data wheel and arrow buttons? Or even better, how about hitting the pad we want to edit, then using the data wheel to adjust the appropriate setting? Instead of memorizing which pad is called what and scrolling to iit on a grid? I know 1-16 isn't that difficult to memorize, but c'mon. Let me hit the pad and make the adjustment, MPC style.

Does anyone have any info about whether these things are being changed in the future?
By Airyck Wed May 01, 2013 2:21 pm
I'm not a lifelong MPC user, the Ren is my first. If it wasn't for you guys telling me about all the missing features that previous MPC's had I would have thought everyone was crazy for using such a limited machine for so long and praising it.

Anyway, I know that the cursor then data wheel thing is being implemented but what about this other thing he's talking about here?

That would be awesome if you could be in program edit mode changing the pitch of a sample, then hit another pad and the cursor is still on pitch(tune) so you can quickly adjust the tune of that sample as well.

This would be an amazing workflow for tuning a drum kit quickly, wow! I hope we get this.
By funkycoldmedina Wed May 01, 2013 2:46 pm
Amen. I've been using many different MPCs since the 90s, and that has always been a standard feature. I've honestly never even had to think, until now, about what pad is called what, because I've always just been able to just hit the pad and make the adjustments I want. This new way forces you to think about it in a way that's completely unnecessary. It frustrates and slows down workflow big time.
By e9000k Wed May 01, 2013 4:00 pm
funkycoldmedina wrote:Amen. I've been using many different MPCs since the 90s, and that has always been a standard feature. I've honestly never even had to think, until now, about what pad is called what, because I've always just been able to just hit the pad and make the adjustments I want. This new way forces you to think about it in a way that's completely unnecessary. It frustrates and slows down workflow big time.

MPC Studio is sitting on the shelve for that and other reasons
By third Wed May 01, 2013 4:45 pm
es-k wrote:

man, there better be better features than that BS. if not the Ren is going up on ebay for sure.