MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.

Worthy 'minor' improvements

100%
N/A
N/A
By JAH Fri May 10, 2013 8:20 am
Suggested 'minor' improvements to already implemented functions:

1. [Window] button. [Window] button gives you access to a param's additional functions. It would be nice to allow you to press the [Window] button again to close the window.

2. [Pad Assign] button. Press this button to assign samples to MPC Programs. But it has no useful function for MIDI or Plugin instrument type tracks. It would be ideal if end users were able to change MIDI Note number per pad for MIDI and Plugin instrument type tracks.

3. [Erase] button. Gives you a quick way to delete note events. It would be more useful if end users had the option to select specific events to erase. And example would be erasing Real Time Tuning of All Pads.

4. [Browser] button. Press this button to view file browser. Pressing this button again should close file browser.

5. Navigating Program Mixer params. It would be more user friendly to strike a Pad A01 and then quickly change its volume using the data dial; strike Pad A02 and adjust its volume with the data dial. Then press the F key for Pan and repeat the process. Currently, we must tab around using the [Cursor] buttons to select specific pads.

6. Next Sequence [Sudden] button. In a Live performance, end users must hold down the [Sudden] button and strike Pads to trigger a different sequence. It would be more user friendly if the [Sudden] button could be locked so you wouldn't have to hold it down. This frees up a performers hand to do other things.

7. Tap Tempo LED. I find it annoying that it continuosly flashes. I could turn this off in the MPC 5000 and have it flash only when striking it.

8. [Locate] button. More locate points would be nice. Adding the ability to name the points and have the names displayed in the header would be a nice touch.

9. [Play Start] button. Shift + [Play Start] to start a sequence from its Loop point.

10. Saving. Press [Shift] + [Browser/Save] opens a 'Save Project' window in the MPC software. This isn't available on the hardware but needed. And while the software has a 'Save Project' window, you have to click with your mouse to select and then type to change the name. The name should be selected by default so end users can immediately begin to type file name. And while you can open the 'Save Project' menu from the hardware, you can't close it from the hardware. And while you can save Projects, Sequences, Programs, Samples, etc in the software...it will be a nice improvement if this could be done from the hardware as well.

11. Loading. Loading folders are supported from the software. A nice improvement if this can be done from the hardware.

12. Audition samples. Auditioning samples can only be done by holding down a play pad. An option to trigger samples by One Shot is valued function especially in Chop Mode where I can actively play a slice program before converting it. And it would be really sweet if slices can be trigger from an external controller.

13. Adding slices. Adding slices by mouse using 1-click is more user friendly than 2 clicks. While split/combine slice from hardware is cool...it would be ven cooler if end users can select the actual location the slice should be added directly from the hardware.

14. Convert/Create Events. When converted slices you can choose to create a sequence to playback the slices. These events are automatically added to the current track of your sequence. The issue for me is that if I convert slices and select 40 bars, when going back to main menu...the length of the sequence hasn't changed. I have to go in and change the sequence to 40 bars.

15. Sample Bit Depth. The Ren can record 16 or 24 bit samples. I would really like to have this option in Sample Record mode as opposed to a hidden menu. Even better, it would be nice to have a 12 bit recording option.

16. Sample Input. It would be nice to be able to select any Input or Output seen by my computer as a sampling source. The Ren has an 'External' option. But you have to configure it in Preferences.

17. Zone Edit. Need a quick way to select one, multiple, or All zones to edit via hardware.

18. Sample Play Modes. Loop, Reverse, and Alternating (Forward<-->Reverse) would be nice additions to Program Edit. Alternating...alternating...alternating, can't emphasize this enough.

19. Full Level. When full level is on, it would be nice to trigger samples using a keyboard using full level.

20. Effects. Individual bypass button for each FX slot.

21. Track View Mode. This mode allows you to edit a single track or multiple tracks. All the editing tools available in the software should be accessible in this mode using both hardware and software.

22. Data dial. Would be nice to be able to use it to sample edit as seen in hardware MPCs.

23. Loop Measures. When the Loop Measures window is open, the pads no longer triggers sounds or send MIDI. I want to take full advantage of this function. I want to be able to set loop on the fly and record MIDI while this window is still open.

24. Record FX automation. While Qlinks can be assigned to FX params, you can't record these. At a minimum, it would be nice to have this for internal FXs.

25. Qlink 'All' pad option. To be able to record real time changes to an entire drum program using Qlinks is taking the Ren to another planet.