MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Airyck Sat May 11, 2013 3:49 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:The current MPC Reference Manual is a joke, it sets a new standard in MPC manuals.

:lol: :lol: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Seriously, this is so true. Might be the worst manual I've ever attempted to get information out of.

Some stuff isn't even in the manual.

In the manual please tell me what functions are in the Seq edit menu and what they do.... oh wait that isn't in the manual :roll:

There are hard to read manuals (like the Yamaha EX5 manual) but at least they have all of the information about all of the functions of the device unlike the REN manual.
By sally Sat May 11, 2013 5:53 pm
Airyck wrote:
SimonInAustralia wrote:The current MPC Reference Manual is a joke, it sets a new standard in MPC manuals.

:lol: :lol: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Seriously, this is so true. Might be the worst manual I've ever attempted to get information out of.

Some stuff isn't even in the manual.

In the manual please tell me what functions are in the Seq edit menu and what they do.... oh wait that isn't in the manual :roll:

There are hard to read manuals (like the Yamaha EX5 manual) but at least they have all of the information about all of the functions of the device unlike the REN manual.

this thread gets my applause. :nod: :popcorn:
By JAH Sun May 12, 2013 1:49 am
+1
For worst MPC manual ever
By Clint Sun May 12, 2013 9:12 pm
This thing would need an addendum with every software update. May be something the user community has to take upon themselves to fill in the blanks.
By JAH Mon May 13, 2013 1:06 am
It is not just addendums for software updates. Ever prior to the updates, the manual doesn't clearly describe all functions and even implies then Ren/Studio can do things that it can't...such as Effect Automation.
By labcoats Mon May 13, 2013 11:14 am
I agree it is terrible, especially for newbies.
I was having a flick through the MPC60 and ASQ10 manuals. Note how friendly and musical relevant it is when describing features.
By labcoats Mon May 20, 2013 3:57 pm
And a printed manual.
Most manufacturers jumped on the save the planet bandwagon to save a few bucks. None of them could give a damn about the environment. The saving was not passed on to the customer. Im a true environmentalist (but not an Eco mentalist) - its not difficult to have a batch of trees planted and is very cheap to do.
By Clint Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 pm
labcoats wrote:And a printed manual.
Most manufacturers jumped on the save the planet bandwagon to save a few bucks..

Yes save the planet. Burn tons more electricity and screw up your eyes.

The ASR10 Musicians Manual is the most thorough manual I've ever seen. The E-mu SP12/1200 was pretty solid with a touch of humour here and there. The Akai MPC60, ASQ10 and OS3.10 were also pretty easy to digest and thorough.

Who is credited with writing the Ren manual? I think Dan Gill, the Numark/InMusic jack of all trades mayhave been involved...
By JAH Wed May 22, 2013 12:35 am
I could be wrong but I don't think Dan wrote the manual for the Ren. If he did, his heart wasn't in it as he wrote the MPC 5000 manual which is significantly better..very thorough.