MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.

what do you think?

100%
N/A
By masada2502 Sat May 11, 2013 6:20 am
I think I may have come up with a way to rearrange tracks via the Ren/Studio hardware

first the obvious!

the ability to rearrange track order from the Mpc software via mouse(a no brain er)

Tracks arranged using mouse.

Option1:

In the Main screen ,where it says" Track"

click on the drop down arrow (it will reveal currently created Sequences )

now click and hold on your selection and move/drag to desired position.

Option 2:

click and hold a track over the on screen pad graphics in the next sequence screen.

move/rearrange/drag tracks to your hearts desire.

Rearrange tracks from hardware

Option 1: (MY favorite)
while in "track mute screen" or "next seq screen"
press and hold pad (the pad corresponding to the desired track to be moved ) + the cursor pad.
track to be moved would become inverted .(on lcd)
now use the cursor pad to move track to desired position.

Again hold the pad corresponding to desired track to be moved
then use the cursor pad to guide/move tracks into desired position/order
we can maybe even allow multi track movements.by pressing and holding multiple pads at once.

Option 2:
press shift + cursor pad while in the track mute screen or next seq screen.
on the Ren/studio:use the cursor pad (on the Ren/Studio hardware) to highlight a track(track selection(color) would become inverted)
hold shift + cursor pad to move/rearrange tracks to desired position
By JAH Mon May 13, 2013 12:28 am
The MPC 4000 has a sort function that permits you to change the order of tracks:

1. Move the cursor to the 'Track' field and press [Window] key

2. Press F5 [Sort]. This opens that Change Track Order popup window

Within this menu the following is displayed:
    Sequence field. Identifies selected sequence.
    Track field. List the track numbers/names of the selected sequence
    Track Type. List the types of ea track along with the assigned program/destination
    F1 [Close] and F6 [Select] or [Insert]

To move a track, you move the cursor using the data dial or cursor buttons and then press F6 [Select]. At this point F6 changes to [Insert]. You use the data dial and cursor buttons to select a destination and then insert the Track using F6 [Insert].

Since this is already a function implemented in a hardware MPC, such a feature should probably work very similar when using the hardware. For the software, I think the Track View mode is prime for this sort of feature by clicking and holding your mouse on a selected track and then drag to a new location.
By TheseusWrex Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:05 am
I'm also interested in being able to do this. When I create songs, I don't always add the drum track first, or sometimes I've got a few different drum tracks that don't get created in sequential order. I'd like to be able to place them together, especially when it comes to doing track mutes and such. It would be very helpful!