MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.

Support sample drag-n-drop into plugin instruments?

100%
N/A
N/A
By JAH Mon May 13, 2013 1:46 am
I use plugin instruments such as Battery and Mach Five. Both of these plugins have program editing tools that go beyond what the Ren/Studio MPC software does.

So I would like to be able to record and chop samples with the MPC software. Then drag-n-drop samples from the Project Info Menu, Pads, etc into one of these plugins when it is hosted within the MPC software.
Last edited by JAH on Mon May 13, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Airyck Mon May 13, 2013 1:49 pm
I asked for this in Cubase since SX3 and they finally added it in Cubase 7

That said I absolutely agree that this is a very useful feature
By Airyck Mon May 13, 2013 1:51 pm
A quick temporary workaround they could add would be to add a right click show in finder on the sample list, then you could drag and drop from finder quickly at least
By JAH Mon May 13, 2013 2:05 pm
Of course, I have been using a work-around as I never let limitations hinder me.

I Right + Click samples in the Ren's Project Info menu to save samples to a specific location. Then I open this location in Battery and Mach Five's browser to load via drag-n-drop.