MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 20, 2013 9:40 am
pull-over wrote:why ?

the mpc ren will allways be connected to a computer..

Some people like to immerse themselves in the hardware, some will be happy to use the hardware but look at the computer, but it's nice to have both options.

Larger screen would be nice IMO, especially if it were touchscreen...
By JAH Mon May 20, 2013 10:48 am
This is one aspect I don't get. I remember for years forum members wanting a VGA option for hardware MPCs like the MV-8000. Now that we pretty much have one, now it's all about a larger LCD or using the Ren/Studio without looking at the monitor.
:?
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 20, 2013 10:54 am
As I say, it's about personal choice. Some people have always wanted the VGA option, others couldn't care less. I personally find it more efficient to have full focus on the hardware in front of me, so the bigger the screen in the hardware, the better.

But having the choice of both is even nicer.
By JAH Mon May 20, 2013 10:57 am
You have the connect with MPC Stuff. Can they make it happen?
By Fanu Mon May 20, 2013 12:49 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
JAH wrote:You have the connect with MPC Stuff. Can they make it happen?

In terms of hardware, not sure, but the OS would need to modified by Akai to utilise the extra screen space so it's a dead end in that respect unless Akai are willing to look into it.

They should let JJ in on the job ;)
By Coz Mon May 20, 2013 12:52 pm
An XL screen on the Ren might give users a regular sized waveform to work with. :nod:
By cpm31 Mon May 20, 2013 3:36 pm
don't see why akai choose to go with a small screen on ren and not with one at least as big as mpc 4000.now that i said that i also have to say that i wanted an mpc that could be attached in my pc screen since when roland released mv 8000. i am really pleased with this feature and if ren works properly (in 1.4 we trust) then there is not much to discuss, not worth the extra cost anyway, ren is already enough expensive. we can discuss about an xl screen in ren 2 or ren limited edition though:)
By charlieocali Mon May 20, 2013 3:37 pm
We may be far off from seeing this. But, it sure would be nice. I come from using a 4k, so I am a used to the larger screen.
By GoofyGutt Mon May 20, 2013 9:41 pm
I don´t belive Akai will sell hardware mod´s, and I guess they wont support it in their software either. And I guess the software for the Ren and Studio is a bit more complex than the OS for the 1000 and 2500, so I guess JJ wont make another OS either.

Either way, all the info you´re missing from your hardware screen i on your computer screen, use both.
By JAH Mon May 20, 2013 11:49 pm
Larger LCD, colored LCD, more analog outputs, etc., equals a more expensive hardware controller. The larger LCD alone would mean a larger controller to support it. Otherwise it will look like the MPC 2500 with the XLCD..which doesn't look as professional when you close the LCD.

Besides...with the exception of the MPC 4000 and MPC 5000, the LCD of most MPCs are the same size.
By konc3pt Tue May 21, 2013 3:02 am
JAH wrote: Otherwise it will look like the MPC 2500 with the XLCD..which doesn't look as professional when you close the LCD.

:shock: :WTF: :lol:
By JAH Tue May 21, 2013 3:29 am
I said exactly what I meant....

The XLCD is big and bulky..doesn't lie flat.....

The extra real estate was cool initially...but I quickly got over the novelty.