MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Fanu Tue May 21, 2013 7:02 am

I think it'd be cool if the numeric keys could be programmed to work as shortcuts for functions / different views (maybe with the help of shift or not).

I happened to think of this when I thought I'd like to have a super quick way to enter "change gain" mode in sample edit as I use it quite often.
Maybe these could be assigned to perform different functions in different views?
E.g., it'd be handy if I could assign the key 1 to enter "change gain" mode, so I'd only hit "sample edit" + 1.

Could this be done?
By JAH Tue May 21, 2013 8:50 am
I like this idea. I would like to customize the number keys as a short-cut for different modes or specific functions. Doesn't the JJOS provide this functionality?

Truth be told, it would be nice to allow users to customize all the buttons on the Ren. Even better if there was a kit for custom silkscreening/renaming of buttons.
By foge1 Tue May 21, 2013 8:25 pm
Love this idea.

User definable key commands / number pad etc would be great.

I would like pad scene settings I used to use this on the mpc4k
Where one virtual button would fire out set current pad to :
Monophonic, short attack, one shot, lopass filter , send 1 40%

Is great when u get a few of your favourite settings saved for recall at the touch of one button.

G