MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By donka23 Sat May 25, 2013 5:03 pm
Hello everyone. Im new here but im not new to mpcs. Been using the 2000 then the 4000 for 18 odd years and picked up the ren recently. It's got near enough every feature that I wanted in a mpc apert from setting the tempo in the sample page. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! How can this feature be absent? You have to manually tune the sample to the tempo of the track which is retarded!!?? Come on akai you need to put this little feature back in. And if ive got it wrong, please correct me and tell me how because it's doing my nut in. Hope some other uses share my feeling as the whole thing with a sampler is to manipulate in many ways possible
By JAH Wed May 29, 2013 8:15 am
One of the more popular feature requests. MPC 2000/2000XL does this perfectly.
By donka23 Wed May 29, 2013 12:01 pm
Any advice for other ways to do it jah?? Maybe a simple sample edit freeware program that I could drag the sample/samples, set the tempo then drag back in to the ren? It's basically stopping me from what I want to achieve!
By JAH Wed May 29, 2013 12:31 pm
I don't use BPM detect software as I just tune samples by ear......

You can do a quick internet search for 'BPM software'. I just did so and came up with several free solutions.
By JAH Thu May 30, 2013 12:51 am
labcoats wrote:I honestly dont get the obsession....

This applies to many other feature suggestions in this forum. :lol:
By donka23 Thu May 30, 2013 8:21 am
Thanks for the help jah. I will check that out. I can do by ear if its 2 bar/4 bar sample but when you go up to 8 bar samples its goes seriously out of time! Here's to hoping akai put this feature into a future update