MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Airyck Tue May 28, 2013 5:18 pm
When working with a large sequence it's currently very difficult to see where parts come in and drop out, especially if it's just one note triggering a long sample making it fairly difficult to move around the sequence quickly and efficiently.

It would be nice to be able to have some sort of marker track in the software to tag locations of breakdowns and certain sections.

The ability to write something (like 1st break, bass drops, outro, etc) on certain sections would really help with jumping around inside a sequence.

It would also be really cool if these tags/markers showed up on the hardware when you press locate (where you currently can set 5 location markers), maybe a list or something?
By JAH Wed May 29, 2013 8:12 am
+1

This is in my Top 25 improvements to already existing functions request.
By terem Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:49 am
Peace

Yes. One of the most needed. I would like to see easily the different parts of a large sequence, to apply colors, & another way to copy / paste parts (intro, verses, chorus, bridge...)

Plus, when i convert sequences to a full song. I have to only keep the song, and delete all the other sequences...cause when i save the project, the REN crashes......

I tried to use the REN as a Vsti with Logic or Studio One, especially to sequence a song better and easily. I mean, i do a short midi sequence into the REN i finally export as a midi file. Then i import it into another DAW...and do my thang.

BUT, i was wondering how could i send midi program change to the REN when i use it as a Vsti when i have multiple program (Drum program, Sample slices program, etc...). The DAW become the sequencer, and the REN a Vsti (plays samples).
But the midi channel tracks (into the DAW) can't play the different REN program at the same time.

Any ideas ? Is it possible ?! How can i do ?

Thanks to all forum members
By Fanu Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 pm
Yup.
The way this is done in Ableton Live is good.
It's so helpful for marking sections in songs: intro, drop, outro...you name it.
Makes it a very quick task to jump from a section to another while playing, and when I'm finishing and mixing a tune with lots of different parts, I find it important.
Now, with the Ren, you can only use the LOCATE function, which is, imho, a bit clumsy.
By Airyck Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:09 pm
Fanu wrote:Yup.
It's so helpful for marking sections in songs: intro, drop, outro...you name it.
Makes it a very quick task to jump from a section to another while playing, and when I'm finishing and mixing a tune with lots of different parts, I find it important.
Now, with the Ren, you can only use the LOCATE function, which is, imho, a bit clumsy.

....and you only get 5 un-named locations to use.
By Fanu Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:52 am
Airyck wrote:
Fanu wrote:Yup.

....and you only get 5 un-named locations to use.

Yeah. That's not nearly enough. Why not have way more and be able to rename them.