MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.

Do you want the Direct Recording/Record Event feature to be added to MPC Software?

81%
N/A
19%
By SimonInAustralia Wed May 29, 2013 12:35 pm
For some stupid reason, the standalone MPC Software does not have the Record Event option that the MPC2500/1000 Direct Recording feature has, which lets you record a sample while the sequencer is playing, then place an event in the sequencer to trigger that newly recorded sample at the correct location within the sequence.

One of the more mentally challenged forum members thinks that this is not necessary, they will not accept anything less than full Pro Tools style audio tracks.

Other forum members would really like to have this feature ASAP.

This would not be in place of 'real' audio tracks, but as well as, and hopefully a lot sooner, as it should be much easier to implement.

You can already record a new sample while the MPC Software sequencer is playing, this would just add an option after the sample is recorded to automatically assign the sample to a pad, and then insert an event in the sequencer to trigger it at the same location in the sequence as when it was recorded.

I can't see that automatically assigning the newly recorded sample to a pad, and inserting an event in the sequencer to trigger it in the correct location, would take much programming effort.

This would be useful for tracking external MIDI sound sources, vocals, other instruments, etc., into MPC Software sequences, to be included with your MPC sounds when exporting, playing back without the external devices/performers, etc., without needing to be recorded into a separate DAW.

Please vote.
By JAH Wed May 29, 2013 12:49 pm
Nope. Don't need it. Wouldn't use it if it were added in an update. I think the developers can use their valuable time to add more useful and expected feature like audio tracks not some old method to mimic the behavior of audio tracks. There could be hundred people asking for this and I still think it wouldn't matter.

Booooo......
By Airyck Wed May 29, 2013 1:07 pm
I do this manually right now all the time so yes I think a feature like this would be very useful.

I also think audio tracks would be useful but in a different way.

I'd already have a sample loaded on a pad and in the correct position for copying and manipulating. I really think that adding this + audio tracks would be the way to go for sure.

I'd also be able to add filter, trigger envelopes, LFO's and with audio tracks I'd be able to do different types of edits that are harder to do with a sampler.
Last edited by Airyck on Wed May 29, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SimonInAustralia Wed May 29, 2013 1:22 pm
JAH wrote:
SimonInAustralia wrote:
JAH wrote:There could be hundred people asking for this and I still think it wouldn't matter.
Exactly! Not the best person to be submitting feature requests to Akai on behalf of forum members, too much bias and ignorance.
You create a thread/poll then attack someone for leaving an opinion. I submit feature requests from actual Ren/Studio users all the time whether I need the features or not. Just not from you...

It is yet another example of you trying to force your opinion onto everyone else.

This poll was created to counter your claims about what the rest of the forum does or doesn't want...
JAH wrote:Actual Ren/Studio users don't want this feature based upon forum feedback.

So, this will give some real forum feedback, not your own opinions which you force onto the forum.

Who knows exactly what you submit to Akai, and how you respond to questions back from Akai in response to those feature requests, after seeing the level of bias and ignorance you display regularly on the forums.

Do you include references to who originally requested the features, how many members also want the same feature, and the thread you took them from?

Do you run the request past the forum members in the thread you took the idea from, to make sure what you are submitting is actually what the other forum members want?

Do you ask forum members if they want you to submit the requests for them, or if they want to submit them themselves, and then advise where they can submit the requests to?

Do Akai get any idea of how many users actually want a particular feature, how important it is to the user community, if you submit a request once on behalf of the forum, and then every time it is mentioned again, you say that it has already been submitted?

Believe me, I am extremely happy that you would not forward any of my feature requests to Akai, that is the last thing I would want!
Last edited by SimonInAustralia on Wed May 29, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Art James Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 pm
this feature is hella important for all the ext instrument users. like the motif and fantom. since the ren dosent have audio tracks and you cant bounce the midi tracks its the best way to get you audio from those instruments captured within the mpc of course at the correct timing. i was an mpc user til maschine came out i liked the fact that i could see what i was doing. i prayed akai would follow cause i hated the sound of the maschine and seq sucks a**!!!! but they do have this feature and it made producing alot of fun cause after you have the audio you can still add effects b4 pro tools. but since i got "MY BABY the MPC Studio" ive had to rely on vsts alot more cause of the hassle of flying in one track at a time. and im pretty sure that why akai gave us the bounce separate tracks out the gate (which maschine suks). this should be added asap!
By SimonInAustralia Wed May 29, 2013 2:11 pm
Taking the sequencer position when the recording was started, placing the sample onto a pad, and putting an event in the sequencer, doesn't seem like it would take much effort at all.

It is already a feature in other MPCs, they know how to do it, it really shouldn't be hard for them to do.
Last edited by SimonInAustralia on Wed May 29, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SimonInAustralia Wed May 29, 2013 2:29 pm
JAH wrote:Your ignorance with the envelopes will be on full blast once this update is released. You will be exposed for your nonsense. I already have the videos recorded. :popcorn:

PS - As I am one of the few members here they actually own the products being discussed....I do participate in most threads as there are quite a few that have trouble getting started. I have no problems with helping them out. You can't....as you have zero experience with these new MPCs.

If you want to discuss hardware MPC envelopes, PLEASE start a new thread, I will happily discuss them (and further highlight the depths of your ignorance), there, not here.

PS - I don't care what you own, I don't care if I can or can't help anyone out, or if you can. Listen to yourself FFS!

This thread is for discussing the Direct Recording/Record Event feature, and the need/desire for it to be included in MPC Software.
By Art James Wed May 29, 2013 2:31 pm
JAH wrote:@Art James
I use hardware workstations with the Ren (Kronos, Voyager, Fantom G, etc), I'll post a video to showcase how to incorporate these devices with the Ren. You won't need to wait for a feature request that in my opinion will never happen...

i just hope its not too much to kill the workflow. if it does the feature is needed, i want to spend time creating sound not creating a short cut. but i do want to see the vid
By Clint Wed May 29, 2013 2:42 pm
Thread will be locked if it descends into an argument.

If you have voiced your opinion/voted, step back and allow others to do the same.
By andreat668 Wed May 29, 2013 3:04 pm
I dont know if we are talking about the same feature, but i love the direct input recording from my 2500 osxl.

Im strugling to emulate a similar feature within the REN when im using hw synths...

The only way seems to put monitor ON when sampling, but after a while i have crackling a pops all around (maybe cause REN drivers sucks).

Anyway for me 1.4 is the last call, if it doesnt solve most of basic missing feauture and bugs i going to resell it straigth man!!!
By labcoats Wed May 29, 2013 9:13 pm
Yes to the feature.
And to add to the concept further - ie updating the mpc 'instrument' it would be very good to see a looper type feature. Anything which encourages the Ren to become a super duper real time performance instrument is a +++ in my book.