MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
ByMPCHolland053 Thu May 30, 2013 6:56 pm
What if....your ren/studio gets stolen....how nice and easy would it be to build in a GPS transmitter (like in your phone) to be able to trace your ren when it gets stolen....
that shouldn't be to hard or expensive to do right? And it has a lot of value....
By Lampdog Thu May 30, 2013 7:25 pm
Reminds me of that vid someone posted a few weeks ago...

"my beats!"

When dude had his dre beats snatched on the train.
By Metatron72 Thu May 30, 2013 7:28 pm
Apple underwrites 2/3rd's of your phone's actual cost, so GPS is like an extra $200 on the retail of a GPS Ren (I can't believe I'm actually typing that...).

I would file that one under never. Does the Ren have a Kensington lock? If so force those would be thieves to have to take your whole table to get out the building.

@Lamp, Dre beats phones strong arm swooped? They did the guy a favor, those cans are trash.
ByMPCHolland053 Thu May 30, 2013 7:57 pm
Okay...well if the ren ever Will work as live-performance tool....and You get ripped after a show...talk To Me again :Sigh:
but okay thanks for the constructive replies....and Kensington Lock is a joke....unless Your table is made of diamonds...
@danny.... F U :fku:
By Metatron72 Thu May 30, 2013 8:02 pm
No disrespect, but it's kind of gigantic, short of a gun to the face I don't see how you'd get it stolen. Also, set ends, put it in a flight case, put it in your trunk, go drink, no GPS necessary.
By Metatron72 Thu May 30, 2013 8:19 pm
MPCHolland053 wrote:Google araabmuzik got robbed.....
pz

Built in SSD's, wifi routers, now GPS...? These requests are just bizarre.

araabmuzik...? ¿Que fue robado, así que lo que?

What does your post even mean? We should all be paranoid to want GPS's in our music gear because some known cat got took.... ?:hmmm:
By Danny Thu May 30, 2013 8:21 pm
MPCHolland053 wrote:Okay...well if the ren ever Will work as live-performance tool....and You get ripped after a show...talk To Me again :Sigh:
but okay thanks for the constructive replies....and Kensington Lock is a joke....unless Your table is made of diamonds...
@danny.... F U :fku:

:lol: i didn't realize you were serious sorry no offense intended