MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Fanu Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:50 pm
I think it'd be super quick and handy if we could use the numeric keys in the GO TO mode to quickly jump to the assigned locations.
I happened to think of this after merging all my seqs into one and then i have to do a lot of jumping from one location to another.
Using the numeric keys would make my task a lot faster as i wouldn't have to use the arrow keys to choose the location first.
By Airyck Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:34 pm
+1 Since there are only 5 of them it only makes sense and would be a really easy thing to implement. Even if more were added we could still type in the number and hit enter to quickly select what we needed rather than cursor around to the one we want then hitting enter.
By JAH Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:06 am
How do you suggest Akai implements this? As it stands now, the number keys allow you to type time position.

What the MPC 3000 did was assign the Locator points to the F keys.
By Airyck Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:05 pm
JAH wrote:How do you suggest Akai implements this? As it stands now, the number keys allow you to type time position.

What the MPC 3000 did was assign the Locator points to the F keys.

That would work too.

I think that having a spot on the screen that the cursor defaults to (when you enter the locate screen) where you can enter in what number you want to locate to would be good. This would allow us to have more locate points rather than just 5 (or 6 if you use the F keys)