MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By JAH Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:41 am
DSTR / deStar wrote:
Lokaali Moraali wrote:
Fanu wrote:Can we have a true solo mode?

+1

True... When Track Mutes are recorded, Solo Mode still plays the muted parts. :hmmm:

This is how MPCs perform. I just verified this with the MPC 4000. From the Main Screen Tracks can be Muted or Solo'd. One command overrides the other. Apparently, the Mute in the Main Screen is the same function as Track Mute Automation. Thus when you Solo a track, the Track Mute Automation is ignored. Pad Mutes should should work just fine.

Based upon this, the issue being reported here is not a bug but a feature request.
By JAH Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 am
pledge wrote:1. If u choose erase "Erase: Except Note" it doesn't erase everything but the note the first time u hit it...it complete this operation the second time you hit "Erase: Except Note"

2. If I play and record piano chords and then stop the sequence and then overdub the same track to add a sustain pedal while its recording and stop the track..when I hit undo it does not undo the sustain that I've recorded..

3. Qlinks do not change the number values of the parameters of the midi program controller screen...it will only change if you use the master jog wheel

4. Once you make a midi program and change the parameters and switch to the default one it doesn't effect the parameters that were changed in the previous program edit...

5. Loop recording when u record a note at the end when it's about to loop that recorded data gets cut off it doesn't loop over.

6. Sometimes the Undo from the hardware flat out stops working sporadically

OS X Lion 8Gig Ram
I'm not using any vst instruments
Im only sequencing with external midi gear

1. I see everything being erased such as automation. But the automation param is still listed in the automation window with no events in the sequencer. Selecting erase again will remove it from this window.

5. This is working as designed. Notes are truncated at the end of the sequence. The MPC Software doesn't currently have a 'Truncate Duration' param (as found in hardware MPCs) which allows you to set how you want duration to be handled......such as 'As Recorded' as it appears you want it to behave.
By WKempton Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:37 pm
Just bought a sustain pedal for my midi-keyboard, so here we go... This might not be a bug exactly, but the way Ren handles sustain pedal is weird.

Sequencer does not record sustain pedal if you activate it during count-in. For it to work, you have to select option "Place events recorded during count-in at start point". But then again your recording is ruined if you happen to play some keys during the count-in also... Not to mention it's a pita to turn this option on/off from the settings. In FLStudio this works wonderfully!

I also noticed (just tested the sustain pedal quickly) that recorded sustain controls particular midi channel (this might be normal behaviour, haven't done much research), and not just the track you recorded the "event". Let's say I've recorded piano vst-i notes with sustain pedal action on track 1. If I now record few notes of the same vst-i instance on track 2, the track 1 sustain also affects this new track.

Also deleting sustain data from the track acts funny. Might need a couple of REC + PLAY/STARTS before its cleared again.
By JAH Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:15 pm
WKempton wrote:Just bought a sustain pedal for my midi-keyboard, so here we go... This might not be a bug exactly, but the way Ren handles sustain pedal is weird.

Sequencer does not record sustain pedal if you activate it during count-in. For it to work, you have to select option "Place events recorded during count-in at start point". But then again your recording is ruined if you happen to play some keys during the count-in also... Not to mention it's a pita to turn this option on/off from the settings. In FLStudio this works wonderfully!

I also noticed (just tested the sustain pedal quickly) that recorded sustain controls particular midi channel (this might be normal behaviour, haven't done much research), and not just the track you recorded the "event". Let's say I've recorded piano vst-i notes with sustain pedal action on track 1. If I now record few notes of the same vst-i instance on track 2, the track 1 sustain also affects this new track.

Also deleting sustain data from the track acts funny. Might need a couple of REC + PLAY/STARTS before its cleared again.

Can you post a video of this? What software version are you using? PC or Mac? OS?
By WKempton Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:22 am
JAH wrote:
WKempton wrote:Just bought a sustain pedal for my midi-keyboard, so here we go... This might not be a bug exactly, but the way Ren handles sustain pedal is weird.

Can you post a video of this? What software version are you using? PC or Mac? OS?

Not keen on installing video editing software, unless you're able to recommend a real simple one. Using Ren 1.4 32bit, PC, Windows 7. Don't remember if I have a fresh install or 1.3->1.4 update, but drivers and all are up to date.
By JAH Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:58 am
CamStudio for Windows.

But first, go to MPC --> About MPC Page to ensure you have the 1.4 update. That would be counter productive to post a 1.3 bug in a 1.4 thread....
By Nubian Mindz Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:38 am
The MPC Hardware freezes up when I have Reaper (4.52) loaded up alongside the MPC (64 bit) software.

FYI- I am trying to use this arrangement to sample sounds from Reaper directly into the MPC which is where I wish to do the bulk of my work.

I'm using a pc/win 7 ultimate (64 bit) set up with 16gb ram & i7 processors.

What happens is I'll load up Reaper, get the sounds ready (for instance a set of pads from various vsti's) get them sounding how I like then sample a bunch of chords and phrases into the MPC (preferably with the MPC3000 vintage mode on)

Soon after I record I can almost guarantee the MPC hardware will freeze up. Strangely the software doesn't and can still be navigated with the mouse, which is great because it means I can save the samples recorded.

I'm not sure if the MPC software was meant to be used like this alongside other DAWS (not within) but if it could, without the freezing up, that would be an immense god send.

Is this a bug? Or is just pushing the envelope a bit too far?

Any help is appreciated folks.
By JAH Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:46 pm
jrbeats555 wrote:autotune 7 crashes during scanning

VST3 is not currently supported.

pspsounds wrote:When converting a sample with a long name to a patch phrase the new name doesn't end with 'pp'

When using names with 30 characters or less, pp will be displayed at the end of the new name. Names with 31 characters will have 'p' and no p's when using 32 characters.
By Nubian Mindz Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:18 pm
In 1.4 whenever you load a project the default sequence will always be sequence #1 rather than the sequence you had loaded/playing at the time of saving so you have to change to whatever sequence that was before you hit play.

Should be able to play the same sequence that's playing when being saved.
By MPCTNT Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:54 pm
That may be more of an oversight than a 'bug'. Every piece of equipment I have ever had functions similarly with saved and loaded data, by starting at 'zero' regardless what page, sequence, or bar of the sequence, window, etc.. I was on when I saved.

It's something that can likely be added to the config of the save, but does the next person save it on the 18th bar in the song mode and want to be right there after reloading the saved data? Is the next person in the sample edit screen on the 3rd slice and want to return there after loading a saved session? You get the point. Since they cannot please everyone, they may have decided its easier for everyone to click a couple buttons to get back where they were.

It would be nice tho if they could globally save where you were in the save, but then someone would say "why when I load a saved song, doesn't it start me off at 'home'?" We cannot win for losing at times :)