MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.

What functions are most important to you?

8%
7%
4%
5%
5%
2%
5%
1%
3%
10%
8%
4%
3%
6%
2%
7%
6%
5%
5%
2%
By JAH Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:51 am
Now that 1.5 is released....time for another poll for a general consenus on what forum members would like to see in a future release.

Everyone gets 10 votes.
By MeSoHordey Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:58 am
A clear policy on what happens if I need to unlock the software more than twice.
By DJ Hellfire Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:01 am
Also, not listed, support for vintage mode plugins as inserts. I think at this point akai needs to just let go of Ren only vintage mode, with the fact coming out that is just VST plugins that can be inserted. Vintage mode needs to also be opened up to studio users. There is absolutely no reason for this to be restricted to Ren users. And with controller undongling, vintage mode still needs to remain active on the project when the controller is unplugged. A consumer is not going to part with an extra $400 just to have vintage mode. He's gonna get the studio if that's what his budget is. Restricting this to Ren users only is not bring in more Ren sales, IMO.

Plus, stacking and mixing and matching vintage modes sounds amazing.
By DJ Hellfire Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:03 am
MeSoHordey wrote:A clear policy on what happens if I need to unlock the software more than twice.

This is already clear. You get 4 different computer unlocks. Unlock on the same computer is unlimited unless you reinstall the os. If you run out, you can contact akai to reset them.
By Eyalc Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:12 am
Appreciate you starting this... Definitely needed.

But question... Where did these 20 come from? Just curious. Seems like some are combined that shouldn't be (3 and 10 for example - each of the items in these should stand on their own IMO). And some that should be aren't (14 and 16 for example). Some that are related by being lumped together, really shouldn't be from a functionality / purpose perspective. Just wondering how this list is the official poll.

Is this how Akai is interpreting the options of what to work on next?

Would rather see everyone submit their own list, and Akai compile them from there.

Just .02. Appreciate what you're doing though.
By moyphee Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:46 am
Eyalc wrote:Would rather see everyone submit their own list, and Akai compile them from there.

Good point! Choosing from a list some other person's priorities means that their wishes are being forwarded- not the consensus. Essentially , you vote on what they want.
Last edited by moyphee on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TommyTench Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:52 am
moyphee wrote:
Eyalc wrote:Would rather see everyone submit their own list, and Akai compile them from there.

Good point! Choosing from a list some other person's priorities means that their wishes are being not the consensus. Essentially , you vote on what they want.

+1

Half of Jah's list I care nothing about.
By master-ceo Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:Also, not listed, support for vintage mode plugins as inserts. I think at this point akai needs to just let go of Ren only vintage mode, with the fact coming out that is just VST plugins that can be inserted. Vintage mode needs to also be opened up to studio users. There is absolutely no reason for this to be restricted to Ren users. And with controller undongling, vintage mode still needs to remain active on the project when the controller is unplugged. A consumer is not going to part with an extra $400 just to have vintage mode. He's gonna get the studio if that's what his budget is. Restricting this to Ren users only is not bring in more Ren sales, IMO.

Plus, stacking and mixing and matching vintage modes sounds amazing.

This + better DAW and Multicore Support! Soundfont Support would be Super.
By Montebello Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:09 am
-for the next update please allow for more than one fx plugin to be opened simultaneously. being able to see two fx plugins on the screen will assist in mixing, especially if we get audio tracks...
By Eyalc Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:16 am
Well that's kind of where I'm going. If this isn't an official Akai list... I admit its good to have, and it can approximate what the desires are, but nothing is better than someone stating their own list and the vendor sorting it out from there.

I remember when Apple started redesigning logic, they sent out an official poll to registered users. A lot of what people responded made into the product.

Akai really needs to do this officially. Or maybe this is the official akai poll. I guess that's my question. If it's not, I'll be submitting my official list on their community. But again, appreciate this. Just trying to understand the origin before I really let it speak for me.
By masada2502 Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:31 am
the ability to change sample rate and bit depth while sampling (i.e.)24,16,12,8 bit and sample rate between 8k to 96k.

realtime pitch-shift

volume in sample browser

pad copy similar to N.I.Machines

variable individual track lengths (i.e.) tr 1: kick 4 bars ,tr 2 :hi hats 2 bars tr 3 :snare 8 bars.

chord memory(record chord to pads )for those for us who aren't skilled players.

midi plugin capability (chord space player ,Effectrix )

get rid of the midi dots in the main sequence screen on the lcd.put something else in that space that will be more useful .

custom faces/colors for daw (like nexus) and other vsts

improve the gui of the daw darken the contrast make the colors bolder.

allow the Daw to be separated across multiple screens (i.e.) main seq window on one monitor ,program screen on 2nd monitor ,sample editor on 3rd monitor .

multicore

better mixer

allow for more than one fx plugin to be opened simultaneously

audio tracks
more to come.
By evillmusic Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:31 am
My main feature request is to be able to scroll though my sample like i do on any old mpc with the data wheel!

Also i would like track mixer to retain my mix on all the seq. that i use! track 1 track 2 ect when i copy a seq.