MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.

Are you happy with 1.6?

24%
76%
By TT_Lab Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:33 am
I am happy they keep updating, but not particularly happy with this update, because I won't be using the step editor so much.
Although, I have faith that they're gonna implement stuf like new mixing capabilities,mono tracks, and mono export, and full automatization and such, that I feel more usefull, in upcoming updates.
By DJ Hellfire Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:40 am
At first I didn't really care about the list editor, even though I used it religiously on the 2500 and did miss it at first. I figured it would be much quicker to do those types of edits with the mouse and got used to not having it. However, after using the list editor, I love it and use it a lot for my drums. I actually prefer using it over the mouse now, even though the mouse is much quicker at some things. Of course I would have wanted more in 1.6, but the increased stability is much welcome.

The future in MPC land is still bright, make no mistake! :smoker:
By BDRAKE Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:53 am
The editor was needed and should have been there from the jump but I am glad I have it now but I was really hoping for a global mixer and multicore support. Im not that happy with this update. This is what he told me

Pete Goodliffe ‏@petegoodliffe 2h
@bdrake71 So this is a "little" update :-) "Only" some new features and bug fixes. There is some even "bigger" stuff coming down the line…

We'll see... :?
By BremenCole Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:54 am
Yes. happy. List edit is well done, and mine continues to be stable. As long as the updates keep coming, I'm good.
By Airyck Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:12 am
I'm gonna say no (surprised?). While what they added and fixed is good and appreciated they still have ignored very important things like automation and mixer improvements. I'll sit on the sidelines but hope that my Ren will get some much needed updates so that I might be able to use it in the way I want some day. Sucks making an investment like this only to have to wait years for basic functionalities that have been in professional music production equipment for decades.
By Eyalc Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:29 am
"Down the line" is such an open statement. Could mean anything, at any time, in any product.

I just want 48 virtual outputs. So no, not happy with 1.6. And IMO, no kudos for features that should have been there from the jump.

Glad it's being updated though. But meh. Hope NAMM has something good.
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:31 am
Not happy.

No Direct Recording/Place Event. Should be very easy to implement, just chuck the sequence time when the sample record button is pressed into a variable, after placing the new sample on a pad, place an event in a sequencer to trigger that new sample at the correct time in the sequence, from the variable above. Totally ridiculous that you have to manually place that event in the sequencer.

Only a single MIDI port out of the plugin. Maybe no one uses MIDI anymore, so they don't care.

No Master/Sequence mixer setting.

Sick of them, and the fanboys, thinking we should be happy at a standard MPC feature or two in each update, and so many things still not addressed, after over 2 years of development.
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:32 am
Eyalc wrote:"Down the line" is such an open statement. Could mean anything, at any time, in any product.

Down the line, until development stops, and then it's sorry, it wasn't implemented.
By JAH Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:09 am
Good things come to those who wait...I think the phrase goes something like that. The software has been consistently updated every few months since its release. Every updated added user feature requests whether they were at the top of your personal list or not.

The MPC Software developers hear your concerns and are actively working on more improvements to include some of your biggest concerns. Which ones? Stay tuned.

Am I satisfied with this update? I am ok with it. The Event List Editor is something I wanted for some time and they exceeded my expectations with the nudge function. It would be even nicer if they could pull off nudging multiple events at the same time.

Still waiting and hoping my top feature requests makes an update. Hardware MPCs and other competing products can't do my top feature requests....
By Eyalc Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:23 am
NAMM better bring something "HUGE". And no, I don't mean "Element" huge, or a Ren LE huge, or "Akai earbuds" huge... I'm talking the majority of the core features that everyone has been asking for. I'm not asking that it get released at NAMM. Heck - just announced. Summer release? Heck, even fall release.

But if NAMM goes by without even a mention of these core features that people are asking for, not going to be a good look IMO. For some, there's not much more faith to lose - just read the boards to see that. Want to lose more? Announce a Ren LE or fancy new controller, without mentioning or addressing core software features.

Hey, speaking of that, I haven't searched for that feature poll right after 1.5 dropped. Where was step edit in that poll? Was that the number one request? Just curious.
By Airyck Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:30 am
I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the top 5, 5th at best
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:48 am
JAH wrote:Good things come to those who wait...I think the phrase goes something like that.

Well MPC5000 users are going to be happy then, looks like MPC5000 OS 3 is going to be released at NAMM! :lol: :hmmm: :Sigh:

The same old 'nothing else gets updated this often' and 'you are going to love what is in the next release' broken record. :Sigh: